Episode 12

"So what can I get for you guys?" I asked to them with smile as I took a step into the counter. 

"Actually we are already ordered" Lando swiftly answered with smile. "Oh, that's sound good" I also returned with smile. " So, how was your University?" George asked. "Yeah, is that going well?" Charles also added. I was surprised cause they are exactly remember about my invitation of Oxford University.

"Well, it is really pretty well. Thank you for asking guys" I give them a huge smile with nod. 

"Nah, you don't have to thanks. You are our friend so, we just want to ask you about your Job, Jennifer" Daniel gives me a wink and said. "Is that cool in Oxford?" Lando asked with curious. "Umm...it gives us old vibe to be honest" I paused "But, they are pretty cool" I swiftly added again. "So, how about your teaching? Is that going well too?"  George asked while he puts his arm over the counter. I let out small chuckles ,

"Well, you know being a youth professor in Huge University is really full of challenges but It is pretty good." I swiftly answered. 

"So, we cant hope some Teacher's Pet Romance story from you?" Lando said with chuckles. 

"Dude!" the other 3 shouted at him in sync. "Why, I was just joking" Lando explained to them while I was laughing out loud. 

"Oh, you guys are really funny. But, trust me I don't have any experience about dating. So, it was not a big deal though" as soon as I said, they all turned into silent and look at me with confusing face. 

"You never had on a Date?" Daniel asked with frown . 

"I ...um" I tried to explain but Lexa interrupted us by joining into our conversation. 

"Yeah, she never had a date to anyone" she answered and puts their orders over to the counter.

"You are not joking right?" George added in disbelief. "Do we look like joking to you Sir?" Lexa answered with frown.  

"But...what about that little girl?" Charles pointed out to the girl who is having her Ice Cream peacefully. "Isn't she your daughter?" Daniel asked in curious. Me and Lexa look at each other before we make a respond. 

"Actually, Adeline is ..." before Lexa finished her words, I paused her by slightly squeezing her hand under the counter. She quickly turns her head towards me. "Yeah, I am Adeline's Mother and Lexa means that I never had on a date after her father passed away and yeah...I only had a once experience" I swiftly answered to them and give them a nod. They all seem confused about my answer but they just returned with smiles and nods.

"I see..." Daniel added with chuckles to break the awkwardness between us. As I took a quick glance at him , he was already looking at me with soften eyes. I clearly know the mean of those eyes. He seem like he knows exactly what I mean. After a few seconds of silent, I break it with conversation about their orders.

"Here your orders" I push up the order cups over to the counter and towards them. 

"Yeah, our delicious orders" George swiftly grabs the cups and handed towards the others. "Thanks for your coffee Lexa" Lando gives us a wave and walks out from the line in which the others also did. 

"Your Welcome" Lexa and I also called out in sync too. They all give us final waves before they swiftly disappeared from our shop. 

"I can feel something" Lexa said while we both staring at to the main door. 

"What do you mean?" I asked in frown. "I can feel something about you" she added again. I fully turn towards her and look at her with huge frown. "What do you mean?" I asked again. She shrugs her shoulder. "I don't know but, something is coming for you " she said. I let out small chuckles at her. 

"Good things or Bad things?" I asked her with small smirk.

 She tilts her head and looks at me. "I think they are good things" she answered with smile. I let out a laugh and put my arms over her shoulder. "I already have Good Things..." I rested my head onto her head and said. She also slightly leans towards me. Then, she makes up a conversation .

"I think you should date with someone" Lexa said. As soon as she said, I slightly push her back and take a small steps back. "Lexa....No..." she paused me with her statement. 

"Are you really think that spend your whole life by being alone?" she asked with frown. 

"I am not alone Lexa. I got Adeline and you" I swiftly added. "Come on Jennifer. You know what I mean" she groaned and said. "You can't always spend your whole time by being alone Jennifer" she pulls out from the counter and we both went out from the shop cause she doesn't want Adie to hear about our conversations.

"I know you care about Adie a lot. But, what about you Jennifer?" as soon as we both arrived in front of the shop she added again. "And also stop putting that heavy bold title over your shoulder Jenni" she said. "You don't have to spend or cover your real life with Bold Title of Adie's Mother" she softly said. "You are just a teenager girl who is taking care of non blood related kid... Jennifer" she added again. "I know why you cant have date ...but " before she finished her statement. I paused her.

"I was...Lexa...I was" I softly mumbled. She paused and looks at me.

"I was a teenager girl Lexa. But, not anymore" I added and look into her eyes. "I can't date with someone not because of Adie but because of Me ...Lexa" I said. 

"I don't.....I don't want to circle up those things again Lexa" I paused " Now, I am already her Mother no matter what they say or what they think. It was over Lexa.....my Youth was over since I picks her up into my arms from that small bed. It was totally gone..." I added. She wipes her tears away and looks away from me. Then, she added again.

"Why would you do that Jennifer? I still don't get it" she paused. "Don't you regret about what  you choose?" she added with teary eyes. "You choose to be a Mother for a 5 months kid while you were just a teenager. Instead of youngblood famous artist you ended up with Adeline's mother." she paused to hold her crackling voice. " Don't you regret about that Jennifer?" she asked again. I shake my head in agreement. "Of course I do Lexa...I always regrated about my choice" I also wipe my tears away from my cheek. 

"I thought, I can do this. And then, I can't ....but now I have to do this now Lexa" I softly said. "I have to fixed everything for my mistake ..." I added again.

"I need to protect her...I need to protect Adie" I said in crackling voice. 

I just want to be a nice daughter for a Mother ...but I never had a chance to be. 

So...

At least let me be a Good Mother for Adie ...