Episode 7

"How was your Day Adie?" as I always do, I look at her through the backseat mirror while she was making a small dance in the backseat with her favorite song. 

"It was always same Jenni, it is really good" she replied me with her bright smile. 

"Oh, I am really glad to hear that" I keep my attention on my driving again. "Are we going to meet Auntie Lexa?" she asked while I was driving the way up to Lexa's cafe. 

"No, dear. Auntie Lexa has fever so we cant meet her but we have to go to her cafe for a while for now" I can see her eyes go soften as soon as she heard about Lexa. "Is she Ok?" she added. I give her a nod. "You know Auntie Lexa is really strong girl ...so, she will be fine" I give her a huge smile to reassure her worries. 

"You are right" she softly responds. Adeline's another favorite person is Lexa. She really loves Lexa dearly as Lexa. They really get along together. For Adeline , Lexa and I are her Guardians. While Lexa stand for as Auntie , I was stand for her ' Mother'.  After a few mins of driving , we both arrived in front of Lexa's cafe. I swiftly get off my car and open the door for Adie. 

"Hey Dan!" I called out his name and went into the cafe. 

"Oh, there you are" he walks out to us from the counter . "Hello Adeline" he gives her a wave with huge smile. 

"You already known about Lexa right?" I said. 

"Yeah, she is in fever and she cant show up for a few days" he added. I give him a nod in agreement. "So, you are come here for Key?" Dan added. "Yeah, Lexa told me take a key from you" I take a quick glance around the cafe. There is only a few people. "After them, we will close it" he said and walk back to the counter to clean up a little. I look at down to Adeline who is holding my hand with her small one. A smile appeared over my face .

"Why don't you take a seat here for a while and wait for me and Dan to close the Cafe?" I gestured her to the small sofa and said. 

"Ok" she quickly gives me a nod with smile before she walks up to the sofa. I swiftly took off my coat and put it onto the nearest chair. Then, I walk up to the entrance door and put the close sign. After that, I rearrange some chairs and clean some stuffs from customers. It took nearly an hour, to close the cafe cause we have to wait for some customers. 

"So, here the key." Dan locked the door and give me the key. 

"If you want to come in , you have to use this one" he pointed out to the key and explain me how to open the door. "Thank you Dan have a nice evening" I give him a wave. "You guys too!" he called out and walks away with his bicycle leaving me and Adie alone besides our car. I let out a sigh in tiredness. At that time, a small pair of hands hugged on my lower waist. 

"Are you ok Jenni?" she looked up her while she was resting her chin on my lower waist. 

"Of course I am fine" I slowly pat her head with smile. She also gives me back her bright smile. "Shall we go?" I make an announce and open the car door for her. She swiftly gets into the back seat and we both drive back to our Apartment. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Jenni! can you help me ?" Adie called out my name softly from the bathroom while I was cooking dinner for us. "Two seconds sweetie" I told her as I walk towards the bathroom after I turn of the stove carefully. 

"Can you help me to brush my back hair?" she said while she was sitting in the bathtub, which is full of bubbles and a few toys. "As you wish my little lady" I pull out a small chair and sit beside the tub. Then, I grab a wooden comb and sink it into my self-made haircare liquid. It includes Olive oil, sesame seed and natural avocado oil. I slowly brush her hair with comb for haircare. Adie has long hair, so she wants to take care of it and that's why every once a week I have to help for that. While I was doing it for her, Adie was so quite and sit still. 

"Lost in thoughts?" I break the silence and asked her. She gives me a small nod. 

"Come on spill me" I said with small chuckles. "Can I ask you something?" she said. 

"Anything you want" I responded.

"Who is my father Jenni?" she asked. As soon as I heard about that question , my hands become go numb and paused. She slowly turns toward me and look at me with her eyes, which are full of curious. 

"If you are my Pretty Protector , so where are my parent Jenni?" she asked me again . 

"Umm...Adie" I don't know how to answer her question. "Most of my friends talk about their parents, for me I only have you and Lexa. But, what about my dad and mom?" she added again. 

"Umm...because they are away...Adie" I slowly said. "Away?" she stammered. 

"They are ..." I paused "They are with Jesus in the heaven now" her eyes go soften as soon as she heard. I tried my best to light her up. 

"Well, you know Jesus took them cause they are clever, intelligent and brilliant just like you" her eyes become widen again. 

"Really?" she asked. 

"Of course" I added. 

"So, If I become more clever and brilliant can I meet with them?" she asked with pleading eyes. 

"Of course, you can meet them ...but it is not your time now Sweetie" I tried my best to cover my sorrowness which are slowly growing inside of me. I covered it by putting a huge smile over my face. 

"When can I meet them?" she added again. "When you become old after live long" I said. She gives me a nod in acknowledge. A smirk slowly appeared on my face. 

"Water Fight!" I yelled out and splash the water at her. Cause of my sudden attack, her thoughts flew away with giggles in amusement. 

"Jenni Stop!" she called out with giggles. 

"No, until you give up" I keep splashing at her. "I Give up ...I give up " she tried her best to stop me between her massive giggles. I also let out a laugh massively. 

"We messed up the whole bathroom Jenni" she said with chuckles. 

"Pfft, just leave it up to me...I will clean it later. Cause I also have to take a shower now" I also turned in to massive one with bubbles and water. She let out giggles at me and runs towards her room from the bathroom. 

"Don't run Adie, you will gonna slip" I called out her from behind. I helped her to put on her pajamas and dried her hair. 

"What a Fabulous" I showed her silky hair through mirror. A proud smile appeared on her face. 

"So, it is my turn now" I swiftly stand up and walks towards the bedroom door. "I will wait you in the Livingroom " she runs up to the couch which is in the middle of the living room. Then, she put on her favorite cartoon series. 

"I wont be too long" I make an announce and disappeared into the bathroom. 

As soon as I went into the bathroom, I quickly locked the door and take a step into the tub. Then I take a seat into the bathtub while I was opening the water with full force. So, at least she cant hear. 

At least she cant hear ....Adie cant hear that I was crying out loud in the Bathroom. In Between my sob, all of my flash back memories are starting again. Those memories, I always wanted to forget about. Every time I walk away from them, it ended up with brings me back. All I have is tons of regret about that day, about James , about Adeline and about myself.

I still remember those words that I said. 

I still remember those words that I should never said...

"I don't hate you , I just hate you what you did to me James"
"You said you wouldn't and you fucking did. You keep fucking did James"
I yelled at him while he was carrying a 5 months old kid in his arms and looking at me with broken eyes.

If I knew it all then would I do it again ?.....