Episode 25

New Cast 

James Alison : who is Jennifer Alison's brother and father of Adeline Alison. 

"Are you okay now?" I gently inquired of Adie as we both sat on her small bed

"Are you okay now?" I gently inquired of Adie as we both sat on her small bed. She slowly nodded in agreement, offering a soft, small smile. Taking a seat beside her, I leaned against the headboard while she lay on her pillow. We both starring at each other as I slowly play with her hairs. 

"Can I ask you something?" After a few minutes of comfortable silence, Adie posed a curious question.

"Of course, anything," I responded swiftly, giving a small nod.

"Who is that strange woman?" she whispered, her eyes brimming with curiosity. Upon hearing her question, I paused my hand, which had been gently stroking her soft hair. After a thoughtful moment of silence, I replied slowly.

"She was... my mother," I answered quietly.

"Is she a good Mommy like you?" she asked again. I shook my head slowly.

"I don't know, Adie," I paused, "I don't know if she's a Mother or a Mommy. And also... am I a good one?" I added with a small sigh. As soon as I finished speaking, Adie reached out, gently taking my hand, which lay on her chest beneath the blanket. She softly squeezed it, offering comfort.

"You're a good one, Jennie," she softly mumbled. "You're my best one, and it will never change, Jennie," she added, looking up at me. A soft smile slowly spread across my face as I gently rubbed her head.

"Me either, Adie," I replied. "You are also the best one I've ever had in my life," I added, and we both shared a moment of warmth with huge smiles.

"I think you should sleep now, Adie... for tomorrow," I suggested as I slowly got up from her bed and stood. She gave me a small nod, clutching her bear toy to her chest and pulling up the blanket.

"Good night, Jennie, and I love you," she said, her bright smile lighting up the room.

"I love you too, Adie," I murmured, leaning down to give her a kiss on her forehead.

"Good night, Adie," I whispered as I walked towards the door and switched off the light. "Have sweet dreams, sweetie," I added with a small smile before leaving the door slightly ajar. Then, I made my way to my room with heavy steps. Collapsing onto my bed, I let out a deep sigh, covering my face with both hands, knowing that sleep would elude me tonight.

I turned the doorknob slowly, easing the door open, and stepped into my room. With a soft click, I locked the door behind me and made my way to the bed. Rather than climbing onto it, I settled on the floor, leaning against the bed frame in the darkness. Without reaching for the light switch, I remained still, pulling my knees up to my chest and resting my head upon them as I revisited my memories. The painful ones. Lost in the depths of my failures, I sensed a presence beside me. Without lifting my head, I knew who it was. Then, a familiar voice broke the silence, a voice I hadn't heard in a long time.