Episode 16

"How was your presentation?" Adie asked me with full of curious while she was stepping around in the kitchen while I was making dinner for us. 

"Well, it was going well" I softly answered and trying to focus on making steak. 

"Adie, try this" I pick up a small piece of steak from the pan and give it to Adie. " Careful, it is hot" I swiftly added before she put it into her mouth. She makes a small blow up to the piece, she puts it into her mouth to test the taste. 

"Is that good?" I asked her while she was chewing carefully. Then, she immediately gives me a thump up with huge smile. 

"It is perfect, Jenni" she added with huge smile. 

"Alright then, please take your seat for dinner Little Miss" I said with little chuckles. She swiftly runs up towards the dinning table and climbs up to her chair. As soon as she took her own seat, I put a bowl in front of her which has a delicious healthy food for dinner. 

Dinner :

"Wow, mushroom with steak! I Love it" Adie shouted out in happiness

"Wow, mushroom with steak! I Love it" Adie shouted out in happiness. I also let out chuckles at her cuteness. 

"Well, please enjoy your dinner Miss Adeline" I give her a wink and we both having our dinner. While we both having our dinner with small conversations about our day , my phone buzzed from the call. I swiftly get up from the table and grab my phone to pick up. It was from Lexa. 

"Hello Lex" I answered.

"Hey, Jenni are you home?" she said. Her tone was in hurry. 

"Of course, we at home now. Is there something wrong?" I asked softly. 

"Yeah, my aunt fell down from the stairs and now she is at the hospital" she said. I gasped in shock and sorrow .

"So, I have to go now and Dan is also not here at the shop" she paused " So, If you are ok with that, can you come up to my Cafe....cause there is a few customers left" she said. 

"Of course Lexa. I will come" I swiftly ended the call and put my dinner plate into the sink. 

"Something wrong?" Adie asked with curious. "We need to go to Lexa's Cafe Adie" I quickly rush into my room to get my jacket and Adie's one. Adie also swiftly climb down from the chair and follow towards me. As I put on my jacket, I also helped to Adie with her jacket. 

"Come on Adie" we both quickly disappeared from our apartment. We both swiftly runs towards the cafe which is only a few blocks away. Lexa was already standing outside, while we both arrived at her cafe. 

"Hey Jen. Sorry about that to disrupted your night" she said.

"No Lex. It is not a problem just take care yourself and your aunt" I give her a small hug before she swiftly gets into her car and drove away. Me and Adie let out a soft sigh in sync cause we both have to run up towards the cafe. "Come on, lets get inside" I softly took her hand and we both walks into the cafe.