Episode 34

"Lexa!" I called out as I entered the cafe, eager to catch her attention. Arriving early, it was only 8:00, and the cafe was just beginning to open its doors.

"You're here so early, Jen," Lexa remarked, making her way toward me. I couldn't leave Adie alone at home, especially with my appointment scheduled with Lewis's friend for the campaign. Lexa's gaze lingered on my outfit, her brow furrowing slightly in confusion.

"Hey, are you going on a date?" she teased, a playful smirk tugging at her lips.

"Lexa!" I exclaimed, rolling my eyes at her remark.

"Why not? You look great today," she continued with a grin, affectionately tousling Adie's hair as she spoke.

"It's just the usual," I replied, though in truth, I had opted for a slightly more colorful ensemble than my usual casual attire. With today feeling more like an interview than a typical day, I wanted to make a good first impression. So, I added a touch of color instead of sticking to my usual black and white palette, opting for a sleeveless sweater over a blazer or jacket.

Jennifer's outfit :

"Damn, Alison, you're slaying," Dan exclaimed as he emerged from the storage room

"Damn, Alison, you're slaying," Dan exclaimed as he emerged from the storage room. I shot him a playful wink amidst chuckles.

"So, spill it. Where were you headed?" Lexa inquired as the three of us settled around the table. Adie nestled beside me while Lexa occupied the seat opposite mine.

"And Dan didn't give you the scoop?" I responded with a slight frown, prompting a matching expression from Lexa.

"He knew already?" she exclaimed.

"Yeah, he was there last night too," I confirmed. Lexa let out a sigh, turning her attention toward Dan, but her attempt at speaking was cut short by his interjection.

"You didn't answer my calls, Miss Donaldson," Dan pointed out, directing his remark at her.

"Whatever," she sighed softly before redirecting her gaze to me. "Okay, spill it. Where were you going, and with whom?" she pressed, her curiosity evident. I raised my hand in a halting gesture.

"Before I dish out the details, Dan, can we get the breakfast set?" I called out to Dan, who promptly signaled his agreement with a thumbs-up. With a clearing of my throat, I prepared to divulge the details of my conversation.

"It's an appointment with Lewis..." I began, but Lexa slammed her hand on the table, interrupting me.

"I knew it! He likes you!" she exclaimed eagerly, causing a moment of stunned silence to envelop the table.

"No?" she questioned, her excitement fading as she looked at me. I shook my head slowly, meeting her gaze.

"Oh, my bad, sorry. I thought you were going on a date," she apologized, her tone sheepish.