𝟑𝟎. 𝐼 𝑏𝑒𝑙𝑖𝑒𝑣𝑒 𝑖𝑛 𝑦𝑜𝑢

Start from the beginning

Viserys looked down and shifted his weight from one foot to the other before looking at her. "I know, dear, I know... I did not understand then and I'm sorry I was never there for you. Your mother helped you in ways I never did, and for that, I will always be grateful..."

"Thank you..."

"But despite what you told me that day, that you would burn King's Landing down, I still know that you would never," Viserys approached his daughter and placed a hand on her shoulder. "Your experiences are what has brought you here today, and despite them, you've always come on top..."

"That is why I thought you should've been the Heir instead of your sister," Visenya rushed to look at him, she hadn't expected this. "Because you have all the qualities to make the Seven Kingdoms prosper," Visenya shook her head in disagreement.

"Father, no–" Viserys grabbed her shoulders, making her look at him.

"But it's too late to change things now! That is why I need you to protect this secret as well as your sister," Viserys begged intensely. "If the realm succeeds in taking down your sister, you must take the reigns!"

Visenya's violet eyes grew in fear and worry, not because she was scared of her father, but because what her father theorized could turn out to be a very real possibility. That is where Visenya made the promise to protect her sister so that what her father said would never come out to be true.

Visenya sat in the small council chamber with Otto on her left and Rhaenyra on her right, after talking with her father, he had brought her with him to attend the meeting

Visenya sat in the small council chamber with Otto on her left and Rhaenyra on her right, after talking with her father, he had brought her with him to attend the meeting. A very lovely expression to 'family that stays together must endure together', a poisonous double intention.

"The Stepstones were meant to be won for the realm, but over the past few days, it seems we have traded a crabfeeder for a seasnake. This is clearly a rebuke for passing over Lady Laena for Queen Alicent," Visenya resisted the urge to smirk at the maester's words.

"Years have passed since the business with his daughter. Certainly, he cannot still be wroth?" Viserys sighed, irritated.

"I'm afraid he is, Father. It is very common that when men are denied something they become more petty than women ourselves," Visenya spoke with an amused smile that caused her sister to hold in her laugh.

"Princess, I believe that comment is irrelevant to this conversation," Visenya shifted in the chair to talk to Otto.

"Are you aware that people would find you interesting if you didn't talk at all? It's no wonder how you are not wedded," Visenya rolled her eyes and sat properly, missing some of the entertained faces in the room.

"Moving back to topic... The Sea Snake is an over-proud man, to be sure, Your Grace. That pride has been injured," the sisters shared a knowing look. "Perhaps we can salve the wound?"

"I fear Lord Corlys' pride is the least of our worries," another man said.

"I don't wish to cause you further distress, Your Grace, but my brother has sent disturbing word from Oldtown. Lord Corlys is said to have engaged in negotiations with the Sealord of Braavos, he plans to wed his daughter Laena to the Sealord's son," Otto spoke as Visenya leaned to whisper something to Rhaenyra.