𝟏𝟔. 𝐴𝑛𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝑟𝑦

𝑇𝑎𝑙𝑒𝑠 𝑜𝑓 𝑎𝑛 𝑖𝑛𝑗𝑢𝑟𝑒𝑑 ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑝𝑡

𝑇𝑎𝑙𝑒𝑠 𝑜𝑓 𝑎𝑛 𝑖𝑛𝑗𝑢𝑟𝑒𝑑 ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑝𝑡. 2

              STRENGTH HAD ALWAYS BEEN VISENYA'S FORTE but after such a draining streak, the talk with the Strong knight she felt revitalized and grateful for establishing a friendship with him.

He had never been afraid of her as many others had in the past; the Princess could be herself around few peers, she could count them with her hands, and Harwin was easing his way in. Not that she truly minded, but life gave her enough reasons to watch her back in fear of being wronged and said protections were inadvertently crumbling down.

Visenya went back to the kitchens to ease her thirst, her throat had gone dry after talking for so long, that she ended up asking for beverage suggestions. The workers lightened up after she asked, which ended up with an overjoyed girl introducing her to twenty different types of tea.

The girl had gotten in trouble for speaking so freely with the princess, although nerves prickled the ends of her fingers, Visenya assured the girl's superiors that it was more than fine. Without truly noticing, Visenya had gained the admiration of almost the whole kitchen staff— the first of many. 

On her way out, Visenya walked through the castle absentmindedly, going over her recent experiences. It was a masochistic thing to do but she was doing it as if trying to find the answer to a century-old riddle, one that Visenya was indeed closer to finding an answer to.

She walked and walked, not noticing a nervous Rhaenyra following behind her. Until Visenya came to a halt and dodged before Rhaenyra could collide with her, and instantly grabbed her wrist.

Rhaenyra's mouth dropped slightly open letting out a gasp when she almost lost her balance. "Thank you, sister," she whispered while she dusted off her dress and Visenya simply nodded waiting for her to speak. A frown appeared on the brunette's face as she watched her sister relax her breathing.

"I was looking for you. May we speak somewhere more private?" Visenya agreed and followed her in silence to the tree where they used to rest next to when they were younger. Visenya gently placed a hand on the tree bark, tracing it with her fingers, feeling how her breathing slowed as good memories took over.

Rhaenyra stretched the sleeves of her dress, more times than needed, if she continued doing it she would spoil the fabric. "I wanted to talk with you," she cast her sight downwards while her oldest sister analyzed their surroundings, out of caution.

Visenya didn't know for how long her sister had been thinking about her and their current situation, how much time they had lost, and its consequences.

"I wish for us to go back as we were," Rhaenyra spoke as if she just delivered shocking news, but to no avail, because even though it'd been moons since they last saw each other, Visenya knew her sister had more to say. "And I want to apologize for our quarrel. You clearly meant good and I crossed you before you could utter another word, and I want my sister back."