𝟐𝟎. 𝑁𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑙𝑎𝑠𝑡𝑠 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟

              DEATH HAD WELCOMED VISENYA AGAIN and it was a clear sign on her face, she lost the usual gleam in her eyes and even though the rough patch in her life had caused her smile to fade, when Visenya looked down at her arms, a smirk crept up her face. It was her and Daemon's daughter, Alyssa, and as much she already loved her, Visenya found herself with an impending decision, one which she dreaded with all her being.

She had to fake Alyssa's death.

The whole time when Visenya wouldn't speak, besides blaming herself, she went over everything that had happened after the night that could seem out of place and came up with a few.

Whoever did this to her knew she was with child, they could have seen her when she entered the establishment Daemon was in but she doubted it as she made herself unseen, she had been followed through the moons but brushed it off with the stress from her father's union to Alicent, and that someone had spiked the tea she had been drinking.

How did Visenya know? Because the consequence could not have happened from a tiny injection with whatever the Gods know what venom.

They had been poising her little by little over the moons.

Now none of that mattered, Visenya obviously wouldn't let it slide, but it was now clear to her that whoever took part in this wanted Visenya and any of her offspring dead.

A voice freed her from her thoughts just as she had finished writing on a piece of paper.

"Visenya? What are you doing?" Harwin eyed her worriedly as he tried to figure out her next move.

She folded the piece of paper sighing and turned to look at him tiredly. "I'm leaving, Harwin."

Raising his brows in surprise, Harwin shifted his weight from one foot to the other as he thought of anything to tell the grieving mother. "May I ask why? As your sworn protector I wish to aid you in anything you might need me for," seeing the quick change in her expression he added. "It will stay between us, of course."

Visenya took a deep breath in, shivering as she got closer to whisper in his ear everything she had come to conclusion, what she was about to do, and the reasons behind it. Firmly, she stated how she had to do this on her own and was aware of the effect it would have on others.

Harwin listened without interrupting her, keeping his face calm despite his inner distress and clenched fists, which made the princess worry on the inside. Visenya wouldn't hear anyone's counter opinions about this matter, but with time, she had grown to value the knight's point of view on things.

"I'm coming with you."

It was like thunder flew through her body and paralyzed her in response, Visenya truly did not expect this.

"You don't need to, Harwin. I appreciate the offer but I cannot force you to do that," she tilted her head to the side and smiled warmly at him, Visenya admired Harwin's good spirit and need to help those around him.