𝟏𝟒. 𝑈𝑛𝑠𝑝𝑜𝑘𝑒𝑛 𝑡𝑟𝑢𝑡ℎ𝑠

Author's note: Reminding that what's in Italics in between these "" is High Valyrian, the little sentences are thoughts a character/s might have at that moment, and there's the flashbacks. Those are already noticeable enough.

Thank you for reading, and enjoy the long chapter!

Tw: self-harm

              IF WHAT RHAENYS SAID WOULD'VE TURNED OUT TO BE TRUE then Viserys wouldn't make hasty decisions, but that line becomes invisible when the deceased come into the equation.

Rhaenyra was about to enter the council room but stopped in her tracks when she heard someone speaking in High Valyrian, it instantly caught the eye of a wandering brunette.

"It is a horrible act..." the person sounded distraught.

The two looked at one another in unison and entered the room.

"It occurred in the blackness of night, my lords, during the Hour of the Bat. The thief eluded our pursuit."

"How is it possible that a dragon's egg was stolen out from beneath more than fifty Dragonkeepers?" Viserys asked.

"It was Prince Daemon who was the culprit, Your Grace..."

"Daemon."

"The Prince left a missive, which I believe might explain," Otto answered in response to the King's stunned voice.

Mellos opened a piece of parchment, "It is the pleasure of Daemon Targaryen, the Prince of Dragonstone and rightful heir to the Iron Throne, to announce that he is to take a second wife in the tradition of Old Valyria..." Both girls detached their gaze from Mellos.

Second wife?  They thought.

"...She is to assume the title Lady Mysaria of Dragonstone. Her Grace is with child..." Visenya clenched her jaw. She convinced herself that the first part of the news would not dent her well-being, but Daemon got some woman pregnant and would now become family. Utterly disgusting.

"...and is to have a dragon's egg placed in the babe's cradle in the custom of House Targaryen." The wedding would be in two days time apparently, Daemon was clearly taunting everyone in the room,

"Who is Lady Mysaria?"

Maester Mellos started before being cut off, "We believe..." But the following words forced the Princesses' bodies to stiffen.

"Daemon's whοre."

"My brother wishes to provoke me. To answer is to give him what he wants."

"The realm is watching, Your Grace," Corlys informed him as if he didn't know better.