𝟏𝟐. 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑎𝑓𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑚𝑎𝑡ℎ

              IF SAYING THAT VISENYA FELT ALONE was something that people would've listened to, then it would be an understatement. Daemon was 'kindly' asked to leave King's Landing by immediate orders of King Viserys, a day before Rhaenyra's coronation as heir. And despite Visenya's need to be alone, she was there for her sister— because the oldest sister knew what it feels to be scrutinized by this type of crowd, and it's always good to have some kind of support.

They did not need to say anything, because they knew.

Rhaenyra appreciated her gesture, but a drop of guilt tainted her mind.

"Would you please stop pacing and sit down for a moment?" Alicent —who was now in the loop— has never liked seeing her friend so upset and started to lightly scratch the skin under her nail.

Rhaenyra sighed and sat down next to her, "I know, I know. My apologies," she stared down at the floor, swallowing a lump in her throat.

"Hey, do you want to talk about what you're going to do next?" Alicent's tone was calm and soothing, and the Princess valued her actions.

"...Pretty please?" Visenya batted her eyelashes at Harwin, and he grinned in response.

She tilted her head, "What?"

Harwin's face fell in relief, "I'm happy that you're feeling better." Those words were music to her ears, and all the tension that remained inside Visenya's body left progressively.

After her night with Daemon, she rushed back to the castle very shaken up, and although she didn't want to talk about it, Harwin was there for her.

That dreaded night Visenya run undetected through the Street of Silk —having her cloak, stealth, and the shadows of the night in her favor— she bit the insides of her cheeks and silenced her cries.

Her mind wandered into new territory. "Why– Why did he–?"

In any other situation, she wouldn't have had difficulties breathing while she run, but her body was delaying the inevitable breakdown that Visenya would face soon.