𝟐𝟔. 𝐴𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑠𝑒𝑟𝑣𝑖𝑐𝑒, 𝑀𝑟. 𝑆𝑡𝑟𝑜𝑛𝑔

DAEMON WATCHED as Visenya was taken away by her dragon, his eyes did not move until their silhouettes disappeared among the thick clouds

              DAEMON WATCHED as Visenya was taken away by her dragon, his eyes did not move until their silhouettes disappeared among the thick clouds. He felt a bit disoriented, but he couldn't tell if it was the fight or Visenya— although he had a hunch he would find out soon.

Sighing, Daemon tightly clutched onto the book Visenya had given him and waited for Caraxes to get him out of there, and avoid the wildfire.

"Let's go, Caraxes..." Daemon gave the dragon a gentle pat on the side before flying to camp, where he could already hear people celebrate.

Corlys and Laenor waited until they landed to approach Daemon. The father-son duo expected him to have the same high spirits as them, but the Rogue Prince had a somber look on his face.

"What is it, Daemon? We've finally defeated the Triarchy," Corlys spoke, smiling.

"With my cousin's help, let's not forget that she was a big part of this," Laenor butted in. His father agreed, he wasn't blind to the big war asset Visenya Targaryen was.

Daemon didn't pay them any attention as he went to his tent, Corlys and Laenor became confused.

"This is weird."

"It truly is, Son."

Once inside, Daemon closed the entrance to have some privacy and opened Visenya's book.

I wish I could've started writing this under better circumstances but I won't. I have given birth to twins, Aemond and Alyssa.

Daemon blinked repeatedly, surprised. "She became a mother to twins..." He murmured and kept reading but eventually read the truth.

They are Daemon's children...

...Aemond was killed and I couldn't save him.

I have to protect Alyssa...

...sent Daemon letters...

He doesn't care about us...

I've given up on telling Daemon.

"NO!" Daemon threw the diary and began to trash the tent around, unaware of the Velaryon duo at the entrance.

"Should we ask...?" Laenor turned to his father.

"I'm not sure," Corlys examined Daemon from afar. "Stand back, Laenor. I'll do it."

Daemon searched around, throwing and breaking objects everywhere. It couldn't be true, it just...

"...can't be. It can't be. It can't be!"

"What can't be, Daemon?" Corlys treaded carefully.

Finally, realizing that he was not the only one in the room, Daemon turned abruptly and bellowed at them.