𝟐𝟒. 𝐴 𝑐𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑓𝑜𝑟 ℎ𝑒𝑙𝑝

              THE FIRST THING Visenya did when they got back to King's Landing was to call out to Grey Ghost and Shrykos, but not saying their names out loud nor whistling for them. The two dragons instantly knew that Visenya arrived.

She had run off to a mountain beside the Red Keep to see them, and the moment she heard a loud screech she recognized the precedence immediately.

Visenya looked up with sparkles in her violet eyes, smiling from ear to ear as the two winged shadows became visible and landed in front of her.

"What the fuck?" Visenya exclaimed as she laughed.

Shrykos had grown measurably to the point where she was now slightly bigger than Ghost, and her scales had turned a deeper shade of jet black with crimson speckles at the ends.

"Look how much you've grown, my little dragon," Visenya laughed in disbelief as she stroked her scales, making the dragon purr happily. "And you Ghost? You look brighter than last time," she petted the light blue dragon's snout, and Ghost let out something that could be mistaken between a bellylaugh or an angry grumble.

But Ghost nudged his rider's shoulder, so it must have been the first.

"My darlings, may we go for a ride?"

While Shrykos jumped up and down excitedly at the mention of the word 'ride' and the three set off into the air as Rhaenyra entered the council chamber where Viserys and other lords seemed to be preparing something.

"Make haste to Dwarfstone, Ser Addam. Hand-deliver this to Prince Daemon yourself and tell him that aid will arrive soon," Viserys gave the knight a scroll.

"At once, Your Grace," Ser Addam and another four knights leave the chamber as Rhaenyra approaches her father.

"Dwarfstone?"

"I'm sending word and help to Daemon. Aid is sailing to the Stepstones, and once I find your sister, she will fly to help in the battle."

"Did he make call for help?" Rhaenyra asked softly.

"He would sooner die," Viserys smirked for a brief moment. "But his king does not mean to allow that."

Rhaenyra stared and then sat at the table. "Do you not think my decision correct?" He asked.

"It is no consequence to what I think... as I'm often reminded," Rhaenyra remarked harshly but Viserys could see a glimpse of hurt behind her words, and he hung his head.

"Daemon is thorn enough in my flesh... Will you insist on taking after him, or would you rather be better? Like your sister," Rhaenyra glanced away with a huff. "Must everything be a battle?"

"If you refer to your attempt to marry me and my sister off to Casterly Rock. Yes, Visenya knows," Rhaenyra narrowed her eyes in annoyance.

Viserys sighed exasperatedly. "I am sorry, Rhaenyra. I was trying to help you. Will you not be helped? Why must every effort on your behalf be resisted as if to the death?" He asked growing tired of the matter at hand.