𝟔. 𝑈𝑛𝑐𝑙𝑒

              RHAENYRA ARRIVED ON TIME to act as cupbearer for her father and the other members of the council, it is a rather dull task but someone needed to do it. There wasn't anything interesting, considering all they talked about was finance, cattle, and the King's unborn son.

It is a sensitive subject for Rhaenyra, her father used to repeat the same patterns when her mother was with child – excitement, avoiding Rhaenyra, focusing on his royal duties to stay realistic towards the possibility of never bearing a son, paying no attention to Visenya's letters, acknowledging his daughters, and once the big day was near... Viserys would center all his effort on a tourney for his new babe.

"The tourney will take the better part of a week. Before the games are over, my son will be born, and the whole realm will celebrate," Viserys said with a smile, his excitement was clear, and Rhaenyra shook her head faintly at his statement.

"We have no way of predicting the sex of the child."

"Of course, no maester's capable of rendering an opinion free of conditions, are they now?" The King answered with irony – "There's a boy in the Queen's belly, I know it"

"And my heir will soon put all of this damnable hand-wringing to rest himself," Rhaenyra gulped. Why? Why such a strong desire for a son? What made him think that this babe would be the solution to all wars?

Rhaenyra was pulled out of her thoughts when Ser Westerling, "Princess, I need you to come with me," which she understood.

"He passed through the Red Keep's gates at first light."

"Does my father know he's here?" She questioned with her hands behind her back.

"No."

"Good," Rhaenyra replied fast.

Ser Harrold opened the Throne Room's door for her to enter, Harrold's expression fell when he saw Daemon Targaryen resting on the Iron Throne.

"Gods be good," he hoped for Daemon to not really be here, his presence meant trouble.

"It's all right, ser," she replied, a smirk on her face while keeping her gaze set on Daemon.

Rhaenyra has always thought highly of Daemon, and although he is known as someone ruthless, Rhaenyra couldn't quite place her feelings but she saw Daemon as someone dear to her.

But seeing him here stirred something inside her.

Rhaenyra descended the stairs with her characteristic elegance, "What do you think you're doing, Uncle?" she asked him in High Valyrian.

"Sitting"–"This could well be my chair one day"

"Not if you're executed for treason," she walked towards him, "You haven't come to court in an age."