"It's raining. The entire upper east side's flooded..." Thunder rumbled again and with it's loud strike, the lights went out as well "...and the powers out" He sighed, placing the towel on the table and pulled out his phone to turn on the flash light "So much for our date"

He frowned, he had the entire evening planned out. This was their first date and he wanted it to be perfect. She deserved for it to be perfect. Often in chasing perfection, we forget that nothing truly ever is that way-it is simply the moments that make for a memory to be worth remembering. She shook her head as she took his hand and laced their fingers; a sweet form of a new sort of intimacy she was trying to experience with him.

"Not true. I only require you and your company"

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
─────⋅☾

DIM CANDLE LIGHT GENTLY ILLUMINATED THE ROOM. A PIANO AND THE RAIN FILLING IN THE SILENCE. They swayed to the soft tune and she looked up at him, Dick gently placed his forehead against her's, his hand caressing her waist as he whispered "This is way better" She nodded "Agreed"

"So should I cook?" She gave a sweet laugh and he hoped to bottle that sound, perhaps he'd get drunk on it. She whispered a response right back "My love...you cannot cook to save your life and I happen to like my kitchen" He rolled his eyes with a smile and sighed "Can I atleast help?"

"Can you handle such a task?" He turned her around and gently peppered her shoulder with kisses causing her to laugh and gently push him away, walking towards the kitchen and he followed in a lovesick daze

Only once in your life, one may believe, you find someone who can completely turn your world around. You tell them things that you've never shared with another soul and they absorb everything you say and actually want to hear more. You share hopes for the future, dreams that will never come true, goals that were never achieved and the many disappointments life has thrown at you. When something wonderful happens, you can't wait to tell them about it, knowing they will share in your excitement. They are not embarrassed to cry with you when you are hurting or laugh with you when you make a fool of yourself. Never do they hurt your feelings or make you feel like you are not good enough, but rather they build you up and show you the things about yourself that make you special and even beautiful.

There is never any pressure, jealousy or competition but only a quiet calmness when they are around. You can be yourself and not worry about what they will think of you because they love you for who you are. The things that seem insignificant to most people such as a note, song or walk become invaluable treasures kept safe in your heart to cherish forever. Memories of your childhood come back and are so clear and vivid it's like being young again. Colours seem brighter and more brilliant.

Laughter seems part of daily life where before it was infrequent or didn't exist at all. A phone call or two during the day helps to get you through a long day's work and always brings a smile to your face. In their presence, there's no need for continuous conversation, but you find you're quite content in just having them nearby.

Things that never interested you before become fascinating because you know they are important to this person who is so special to you. You think of this person on every occasion and in everything you do.

Simple things bring them to mind like a pale blue sky, gentle wind or even a storm cloud on the horizon. You open your heart knowing that there's a chance it may be broken one day and in opening your heart, you experience a love and joy that you never dreamed possible. You find that being vulnerable is the only way to allow your heart to feel true pleasure that's so real it scares you. You find strength in knowing you have a true friend and possibly a soul mate who will remain loyal to the end. Life seems completely different, exciting and worthwhile. Your only hope and security is in knowing that they are a part of your life.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
─────⋅☾

GOTHAM CITY
DECEMBER 24 03:18 EST

NIGHTMARES ARE THERE FOR A PURPOSE, JUST LIKE ANYTHING IN LIFE. Nightmares are there to remind us that life is not always sweet dreams. Life can also be full of frightening and unpleasant experiences, and we should always be aware of this reality and accept it. Night is when fear comes to us at its fullest, when we have no way to fight it. It will do everything it can to seep inside you. Sometimes it may succeed - but never think that you are the night.

Shadow woke up let out a breath.

Bloody nightmares.

She hadn't seen one in a while. Perhaps somewhere, she realised there were scarier things in the world than the monsters that lived in her nightmares. She stared at the empty side of the bed and her brows furrowed, where ever did Grayson go? Her question answered when he entered the room, carrying a glass of water "Hey, you woke up. Thank God." He sat down next to her and pulled her close, gently grasping her hand "You were having a nightmare"

She sighed and shook her head "I'm fine" He playfully placed a kiss on her forehead and gave her the water "When you want to talk, I'll be here" She placed the glass on the nightstand and he took his place on the bed, pulling her close, softly stroking her hair, only falling asleep when she did, and in his arms, she didn't have another nightmare.