000.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃─────⋅☾

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
─────⋅☾

CLASHING SWORDS. A constant cacophony in her life it seemed, most days it would only get louder but she had learned to live with it, much like she had with all else. "Again" She heard a deep voice say from her right

Her brain was twitching in place of her physical body. She had trained to remain as rigid as possible in her movements. Has one's brain ever twitched—or was it perhaps simply the beginning of her slow spiral towards insanity? Another unanswered question to add to her endless list.

"You're Pathetic" She kept her gaze on the two students who had been engaged in a tedious battle, The Sensei had not been happy with their progress, the ever present frown on his face was enough to make the two shiver, their fear had not been evident but she had seen it before, she knew what it felt like to have someone stare at you as if you're entire existence was worthless. She had been there once.

Never again

"If you cannot bring your enemy to an end, your enemy will end you" The two trainees were back at it again. The same technique, the same skill, the same outcome. They truly had been pathetic. She would get to witness their beating today.

"Shadow" She lifted her head to look at the old bastard who was glaring at her as usual; he was far too resentful in life to ever truly see her as his most exceptional student, there had been others of course but she was a step above, and if he had, he'd dare not say it.

"Sensei" She acknowledged and he made a sigh like noise, asking her to leave. She simply nodded but was relieved she wouldn't witness their beating. The old man always had such distinct torture methodologies, she wondered if he had a dangerous mental condition. Then again who here didn't.

Leaving the large Arena, she swerved slightly to avoid the oncoming disaster that was Talia Al Ghul but ultimately was caught "Shadow, just who I wished to see" But she didn't wish that at all, she'd much rather gouge her own eyes out.

Talia had always been somewhat bitter about the young girl, not only had she bested most others on the island, she'd somehow managed to win the little affection they all had in their hearts, including her father. For reasons unknown to her, Shadow was simply an orphaned lamb they'd found, what good did that bring except a leeching scion.

"Father is sending me off the island for a few weeks, my previous capture remains in the cell. Your job is to guard him, day and night" She simply nodded. The girl wasn't one to use her words, she'd much rather let her actions do the talking—that was perhaps one of the reasons why she was tolerated, she didn't speak much.

It might've been that she had too many words in her mind to let through, or she just hadn't found someone interesting enough to have a conversation with at her dreadful home.

"Good. Get to it" She walked away before pausing in her steps "Make sure father doesn't find out, otherwise it won't end well for you" For a woman of twenty five, her threats had been far too empty and she had been far too afraid of her father, Ra's al Ghul.