Í σ𝗇𝗅ч 𝗌α𝗐 𝗌𝗁í𝗍 𝗐𝗁є𝗇 Í 𝗀σ𝗍 𝗍𝗁𝗋єα𝗍є𝗇є𝖽.

Nothing

She couldn't see anything.

It took a moment or two for her eyes to adjust to the pure darkness, enough to process she was alone. How delightful.

"What the fuck happened now?"

Ophelia muttered to herself as she stood, immediately feeling around for the charm.

Gone.

𝑶𝒉 𝑭𝒖𝒄𝒌.

"Looking for this?"

The sound of footsteps came from nearby, and although she couldn't see the figure, the bright purple light cast by her charm, dangling from and being somewhat smothered by what was likely his hand, told her atleast to be wary.

𝑷𝒍𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒐𝒍, 𝒎𝒂𝒚𝒃𝒆 𝑰 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒄𝒌 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒈𝒖𝒚 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒐 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒄𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒎𝒆 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒐 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒊𝒕 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍𝒔 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒉𝒆'𝒔 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈.

Standing and putting on a small smile, even if it couldn't be seen, she tried faking surprise.

"Oh, you found it! It must of fell off when I got teleported.  Mind passing it to me?"

She could hear him moving closer, and although she desperately wanted to back away, she stood her ground, even if it was a tad shaky.

"And let you off the hook that quickly? Not happening. Oh, and congratulations."

"For what?"

Their pace was slow, as if basking in her terror with a sense of pride.

"Making yourself into the perfect pawn."

A full on chill went through her, lightheadedness hitting out of the blue.

"I don't understand what you're talking about."

"You've got Heartstabyl on their knees worshipping you as a savior, Radish Sprout talkin' to you out of his own free will, and now Diasomnia's inner pride making their move. And this-"

He held Che'nyas charm up like it was the concluding evidence for his statement.

"Tells me you've got a real powerhouse happy to give you enough magic to blow this school sky high. Make sense now?"

𝑾𝒂𝒊𝒕...𝑾𝒉𝒐 𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒔 𝑰𝒅𝒊𝒂 𝑹𝒂𝒅𝒊𝒔𝒉 𝑺𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏?

"Not really. Its not like I'm trying to build myself an arsenal of stupid reasons for people to use me, I'm just trying to adapt to this insanity of a world the best I can."

The unknown person sneered, making her flinch when she could feel them two feet away from her, practically breathing down her neck.

"Yea? And hows that going for you?"

Clenching her fist, Ophelia attempted to glare back at where she heard the voice.

"Fine, but that doesn't matter. What are you bothering me for?"

She almost fumbled and dropped it when the charm was thrown at her, but she caught it in the end, and lifted it in an attempt to finally see who it was.