Í'𝗆 𝗌є𝗆í-𝗍𝗁𝗋єα𝗍є𝗇є𝖽 í𝗇𝗍σ 𝗍𝗁є 𝖯σ𝗉 𝖬𝗎𝗌í𝖼 C𝗅𝗎в α𝗇𝖽 𝖪í𝖽𝗇α𝗉𝗉є𝖽 í𝗇 𝗍𝗁є 𝗌α𝗆є 3 𝗌є𝖼σ𝗇𝖽𝗌

Although the current plan for today had now changed to "Avoid Ace at all costs", it felt practically enviable she was doomed by the time they'd reached the Alchemy classroom.

The good news was, they were still able to lose their shit in mutual respect when Crowley appeared out of thin air to drag them and the other current members of the first year idiots alliance to his office.

After a quick mental recap, it clicked that this was probably leading to the explanation of blot scene, which she had totally NOT forgotten about in the mayhem of her first few days here.

A distinct difference she noticed upon entering the office however, was the rest of the Overblot fighters, Lilia, Cater, Trey and Nevermore, plus Riddle and a seemingly invisible to most Che'nya, considering he had yet to be banished by Crowley, were present.

This revelation , however, did not stop her from wanting to bang her head against the wall from mental exhaustion the second Crowley started speaking.

—————-

"In light of..ah..Recent events, we have brought you here to discuss some matters, the first being the Overblot. I am of the assumption many of you don't know what it is—Yes, Mr. Spade?"

Deuce was standing, raising his hand, before awkwardly sitting back down.

"After everything happened, I tried to find out about it, but not much came up. What I was able to find said it was something about overuse of magic?"

The Headmage seemed oddly impressed, Che'nya giving the Heartstabyl Freshman an invisible pat on the head as Crowley cleared his throat before continuing on.

"Correct, Mr. Spade, an Overblot is....."

Ophelia began zoning out near instantly as he droned on, in no way interested in discussing what she already knew.

Che'nya seemed to be of the same opinion as he summoned a ball of yarn, and began some form of Juggle-Knitting before Riddle whacked his shoulder and whispered about him being disruptive, even though he ironically could only be seen by 3 people in the room at the moment.

She was completely staring off when a bubble popped infront of her, courtesy of Elephys, to get her attention, another bubble turning into an arrow pointing to Crowley, who was looking directly at her.

𝑺𝑯𝑰𝑻!

Snapping herself back into reality as fast as she could, Ophelia squished herself against the couch.

"Uh...Sorry, Did you say something? Other then the Overblot explanation stuff?"

Ace snickered as The Headmage drummed his golden claw rings on the desk.

"I take it you weren't listening?"

𝑭𝒖𝒄𝒌, 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒔𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒈𝒊𝒔𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒂 𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒕 𝒊𝒔, 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒃𝒆 𝒆𝒏𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉.

"You said that blot accumulation is triggered by using magic in general, and an excess use of magic, coupled with high strung emotions, can result in an overblot. 
The good news is, only really powerful mages can overblot.
The bad news is the thingamagigs behind the overblotted person basically wring them dry, so if the person in question isn't stopped in time, they're a goner, and it only leaves behind the Shade...Phathom...y thing."

Looking back to the group, everyone seemed to just be looking at her in an odd way that could only be described as "What the hell was that.",
a fact that made her slightly squirm in her seat.