𝖶𝗁є𝗇 í 𝗌αí𝖽 í 𝗐α𝗇𝗍є𝖽 𝗍σ 𝗌𝗉єє𝖽𝗋𝗎𝗇 𝗍σ 𝗋í𝖽𝖽𝗅є𝗌 σ𝗏є𝗋в𝗅σ𝗍, 𝗍𝗁í𝗌 í𝗌 𝗇σ𝗍 𝗐𝗁α𝗍 í 𝗆єα𝗇𝗍

NOTES: I've never actually written a battle scene with this many characters involved, plus a enemy that can coherently threaten the gang, so Im going to try my best!!

Also, Ophelia and Ace curse alot in this chapter, since they both seem the type to curse alot when stressed, atleast in my opinion, just a fair warning.

————————————

The blot arrow collapsed into cards right before it hit her, as Trey tried to call out once more to Riddle in desperation.

"You need to stop! You're going to hurt yourself if you keep using that much magic!"

The warning ignored in its entirety, only turning the Overblots attention to the verdette as she quickly took the short moment to think through the disorienting fear.

𝑭𝑼𝑪𝑲𝑰𝑵𝑮 𝑪𝑯𝑹𝑰𝑺𝑻 𝑶𝑵 𝑭𝑹𝑰𝑬𝑫 𝑩𝑰𝑻𝑪𝑯 𝑩𝑼𝑻𝑻𝑬𝑹

𝑰 𝒄𝒂𝒏'𝒕 𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒆𝒗𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒊𝒔 𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒖𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈. 𝑰 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒇𝒖𝒄𝒌𝒆𝒅 𝒖𝒑 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆, 𝒔𝒐𝒏 𝒐𝒇 𝒂 𝒃𝒊𝒕𝒄𝒉
𝑰𝒎 𝒅𝒆𝒂𝒅.

𝑶𝒌, 𝒃𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒉, 𝑰 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒅𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔, 𝒘𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒊𝒏𝒗𝒐𝒍𝒗𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒂𝒇𝒆𝒕𝒚, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒅 𝒐𝒇𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒂𝒎𝒏 𝑸𝒖𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒐𝒇 𝑯𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒔 𝒊𝒏𝒌 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈.

𝑻𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝒇𝒖𝒄𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒉𝒖𝒈𝒆! 𝑯𝑶𝑾?!

𝑰 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆!!! 𝑺𝑯𝑰𝑻

"NEVERMORE!"

Blocking another shot from coming their way, the dark haired fae hastily responded.

"No need to yell, Yes?"

"Sorry! Since you can fly over the hedges, get everyone still in the maze to safety, and Che'nya should be able to help you! Once everyones safe, seal the mirror gate so nobody accidentally walks in, and come back here!"

Nodding, the shield on his arm became a small square again, then returned to the pistol she had seen before as he held it out for her to take.

"Understood. Take this as a means of self defense in the meantime."

"As an American, this is probably ironic to say, but I can't use a gun!"

Transforming it back into a shield, he passed it to her quickly before flying off, a spark of magenta giving her the heads up that Che'nya was likely in tow.

From far off, she heard Trey asking the other red suited ginger for help.

Looking down at the shield, she watched as it transformed into a door like shape in her hands.

𝑮𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕, 𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒖𝒄𝒌 𝒅𝒐 𝑰 𝒅𝒐 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔?!

"Grim!  I need you to protect this!"

"Myeh?! They'll die without the Great Grim leading them to victory!"

"No we won't!"

"Can it, ya food thief!"

———-