Double surprise

Lian's heart thumped hard against her chest. She could literally hear that inside her ears.

They shared an eye lock for long minutes. Zihan was the one who broke it at first.

"Your mum is blessed to have a daughter like you."

He meant his words,but he got upset seeing his words bringing tears into her eyes. He stared at her confusingly not knowing what to do.

"Lian, what happened?" He asked her worryingly.

"Wish she could be here to hear that." She finally uttered through tears before breaking down into loud sobs.

That's when he realized she had lost her mom too. He was sad and mad at himself for bringing the topic.

"You have grown up to be a pretty lady and a strong girl. Your mom must be happy wherever she is." He said, stroking her knuckles ,trying to cheer her up.

---------

During the first week, he didn't let her go out of her apartment. He called it "work from home."

But Lian couldn't bear it no longer, so he let her come back to work. But he always picked her up after work. If he was too busy, he asked his driver to drop her off and walk to the door.

In no time, she felt relaxed around him. That's when she decided that she should talk her heart out to him.

As usual, he was driving her home that fateful day. She was waiting for the right time to tell him what she wanted for a long time. She tried to initiate the talk at Beijing but couldn't. Then she tried it at Chinyu, but Zihan brought another topic. They were almost reaching Udong, and she desperately wanted to tell him how she felt.

She took a long breath before awakening her voice.

"Zihan! Shall we go on a date!!!!!"

He slammed the break, making the car come to a halt. They both looked at each other in bewilderment. Zihan was so shocked he couldn't collect himself for a while. On the other hand, Lian looked at him, not even blinking her eyes, thinking she said it at the wrong time.

Suddenly, a wide smile was drawn in Zihan's face.

"Did you mean it?" He asked with imploring eyes.

Lian nodded her head still in daze.

"You made my day."

Just before she could react he pulled her arm and kissed her knuckles giving her goosebumps.

Lian's cheeks turned beetroot red.

"Well, I literally wanted to surprise you with something,but you surprised me instead." Zihan said, joking around.

Anyhow, Lian was curious to know what his surprise was.

He then parked the car properly at a lane, took his phone out, and played a video. It was recorded at a police station, and a man was giving a statement confessing his wrongdoings.

Lian's eyes popped out, seeing it.

"How did it happen? How..."
Then a knowing look was drawn on her face.

"Did you make it happen?"

Zihan nodded his head in a Yes. The man was none other but the one who harassed her earlier. Zihan had kept the track after going through some cctv cams and had reported about the guy unanimously. The news brought relief to Lian.

"Thank god you didn't disclose yourself."

"Ow...a possessive gf, right? " He didn't forget to tease her.

Then things happened so fast. They went on their first date, then second, third, and fourth. After having a healthy affair for months, they finally got engaged at a church like any other normal couple. Lian made him wait till the wedding day ,letting him suffer a little bit.

And that special night, they unravelled the paths not taken under the hazy moon inside a candle lit room. The night faded away to their own rhythm.

When the first light hit them, they both were in bed wrapping around each other.

He kissed her forehead and caressed her cheeks.

"How was it ?" He huskily whispered into her ears, making her shrudder.

"You do know ,how I felt. It was my...."

But Zihan was the one who completed it for her.

"It was your first time right? So did mine." He said.

That made Lian looked at him. She made a face at him.

"Really, you think I am a moron?"
She said annoyingly.

"I am not lying. It's my first time too."

Then he leaned closer to her ear and whispered.

"Without protection!!!"

Well that indeed made Lian blush in an instance.

And then...and then.....

You know what could have happened. Anyway enough of the dirty talk.

And after that they lived happily ever after. They quarreled time to time, they went through ups and downs yet it was a happy ending for them.

The city lights led him to his destination

-The end-

🪷🪷🪷🪷🪷🪷🪷🪷🪷🪷🪷🪷🪷🪷🪷🪷