Oops

Lian went to bed late last night,yet when she woke up, her friend was still fast asleep in the hotel bed. It was almost 9 a.m. so she freshened up herself in the first place. She just came out from the shower when she heard the doorbell ring. It was the room service. She wrapped herself in a bath robe and opened the door. There stood a steward with a Dior bag in his hand.

Then he read the name on the name tag.
"Miss. Li Lian?"
"Yes,it's me. " Lian answered with surprise.
"This is for you. Mr. Zihan sent it for you."

She could feel a cold shiver run through her spine.

The steward left, giving her the bag. There were two pairs of office wear in it. One for Lian and one for her friend. Just seeing them, Lian felt guilty as she remembered she treated him badly last night.Zihan had arranged them in advance.Of course, their dresses from last night were not suitable for the day. He had thoughtfully sent them to them so that they could leave the hotel, not making a scene.

Lian understood his good intentions,yet she felt bad as she hurt him last night. So when she reported to work the next day,  she was extra careful not to confront him. She purposely avoided him almost a week. But one day she couldn't. For an urgent matter ,she needed his sign, and unfortunately, none of her friends were available at that time. So she herself had to go meet him.

She took a deep breath. She knew it was supposed to happen. It was either today or tomorrow,so she took small steps towards his office room. As usual, he was busy with his work. She tapped on the door and came inside. Their eyes met. First, she diverted her eyes in agitation and then again looked back at him to see his reaction. Yet there was no difference in his gaze. He was calm and settled, unlike her.

Next he asked for her reasons and that's when she extended the file towards him. He put his signature on it and went back to work rightaway.

"Then was I afraid for nothing? Does that mean my words didn't have an effect on him." She thought at the outside.

"That's good" She retorted. But little did she know she was wrong. Not long ago a rumour started to revolve around the Han headquarters. 

"MR. ZIHAN HAS BROKEN UP WITH HIS GF !!!!"    

When Lian heard this for the first time she sweated top to bottom. She just wanted to believe it a rumour,but he actually did break up with her blotting her hopes.

"Did he do that as I asked him to do so. Then did he mean....did he mean ...when he say..."

She no longer wanna complete it. She was having second thoughts, third thoughts and many other thoughts.

"This isn't good. I cannot be another victim. I will not be."

She retorted herself. She spent the whole week with a beating heart. She never even looked at the direction of his office. She feared he might say,

"I did what you asked. Now it's your turn."

Lian shook her head screaming inside

"No, it cannot happen that way......"

It's already been three weeks after his breakup and nothing like what she feared didn't take place. Finally she could be at ease.

"Maybe I was clear enough for him. I did say I don't want to start a relationship with him."

Well, she was right. He never brought that topic nor neglected his work. He was full spirited and focused only on work.

Han Electronics were drawing attention from everywhere recently, it wasn't the time to slack off. The work load of the employees were getting heavier and heavier, making chances for new applicants.

As an accountant once Lian had to go on inspection to see the quality of some materials . So she was on field that day expecting a call from Mr. Shen. She waited like twenty minutes for his call and  finally it came.

"Hello, Mr. Shen...I..."

But she didn't get a chance to complete.

"Lian, it's me Zihan!!!!"

🪷🪷🪷🪷🪷🪷🪷

Oops 😬 .