Stay

Suddenly her phone rang, giving her a semi heart attack. She, who was still not out of trauma, slid her hand inside her bag to take it out and slid the answer button,but doing so, she dropped the phone on the ground. As she was still shaking from top to bottom.

Lian, why didn't you reply to my msg? Are you home? What's that noise just now?

Suddenly she heard his voice. That made her break down due to her insecurities.  She needed someone to rely on.

She picked up the phone with trembling hands, struggling for some time. Zihan heard her pants,and that alarmed him.

"Lian...." He talked to her in concern sensing something was off.

Hearing him call her, tears started to roll down her cheeks.

No words came out of her mouth ,but loud sobs.

Zihan was terrified hearing her sob. Then he was sure something bad must have happened.

"Lian, are you okay? What happened?" He asked in agitation.

They were the wrong words when someone was about to cry. She couldn't hold any longer. She broke into loud tears before hung off.

She was crying, stilling leaning over her door. It may have fifteen minutes, she heard the bell ring and a loud bang at the door.

Her eyes widened. Her legs stiffened. She could feel a shiver run through her spine, making her numb.She clutched the phone to her heart trembling.

And then...and then she heard his voice.

"Lian open the door" She heard him say following a loud bang. Yet she was not sure.

That's when her phone rang.  His name flashed on the screen.She picked it up with a beating heart.

"Lian,it's  me, Zihan. Let me in."
He said her in a commanding tone.

Lian took some strength, she cracked the handle, and slightly opened the door. Just then, he came inside, pushing the door,making her take a few steps backwards in horror.

Yet it was really  him standing in front of her. His eagle eyes were observing her state in that millisecond. The next moment, she ran to him and hugged him tight.

She started to shed tears, hiding her face on his chest.

It was Zihan's turn to panic.

He did embrace her tight and drew soothing circles over her shoulders.

"Lian"

He slowly addressed her with affection.
It was her hint ,she started to break down louder.

"Hey, what happened?  tell me. Do not make me worry."

He asked, patting her shoulders.

But she wasn't  ready. She was still holding him with trembling fingers. When he didn't get a response,he purposely distanced her, grabbing her hands.

He could feel how cold her hands were, and he could see her body still tremble.

This time, he cupped her face and wiped away her tears. He looked at her with worried filled eyes.

"Lian, what happened?" He lowered the tone and asked again.

All she did was shaking her head through tears. She didn't have the courage to tell him what happened.

That worried him to the core, as well as that made him understand she was still in panic, so he embraced her again, giving her some time to calm down.

"It's okay. I am here. Nothing will happen to you. I am here. "

He soothed her, hugging her like a small kid.

They stayed at the same position about ten minutes,and her crying subsided little by little.

Next, she slowly broke the hug and dulistanced herself from him, feeling all shy.

But not so fast. Zihan didn't let her go. He grabbed her from her hand.

"Lian, you've got to tell me what happened." He firmly said, looking into her eyes.

Though she had calmed down to some extent, she still couldn't bring herself to tell him what happened.

She shook her head in a No. Well, that was the end of his patience. Her actions just now made him go mad at her.

He pulled her towards him harshly and made her look at her.

"Did something bad happen to you? Why can't you tell me? Don't you trust me? " It was hurt and anger visible in his eyes.

She didn't say anything. She winsed in pain.She tried to free herself, as she didn't want to undergo yet another harsh torture.

That's when he saw the reddened scratch marks on her both hands. And then her bleeding knees.

That was enough for him to understand something terrified must have happened. He forcefully brought her to the sofa and started examining her wounds. He gave her a deathly glare before wiping the wounds using his hanky.

"Do you have firstaid here?" He asked her wearing a frown.

She nodded her head in a no. Of course she didn't have. She always used to buy them when needed only.

"I will go buy them for you. "

Saying so, he stood up to go. Just then, he felt her fingers slightly brushed over  his hand. She wanted to stop him, grabbing his hand,but she was too vulnerable to do so.

He turned back to look at her. She diverted her eyes from him at once.

"Can you....can you not go"

🪷🪷🪷🪷🪷🪷🪷

She is so fragile