City lights

Lian saw Zihan with his fiance. They were a room ahead of them. NO 107. Zihan and his fiance were at their doorway. Suddenly, she pulled him close from his tie. Zihan smiled. His eyes were fixated on her. And then, and then she pulled him in, closing the door behind.

Lian literally had goosebumps seeing that. In her wild thoughts, she imagined what might happen next.

When she realized what she was doing, she shook the thoughts away.

"That is his life, and this is mine." She uttered, looking at her friend, who was almost going to sleep. She opened the door and tucked her friend inside.

Then, after settling the things, she had a nice bath and changed into an oversized t- shirt provided by the hotel room itself. It was past twelve then. She needed to have some fresh air, leaving her friend reeked in alcohol.

So she came out of her room. Her hair was still wet from the shower. She looked ahead. Her eyes landed at his door. Beyond that room and few other rooms, there was a spacious balcony. So, holding the key, she went pass his room, the few others, and came to the balcony.

She took a long breath in and out. The town was still busy, yet a bit silent than daytime. That calmed down her nerves. She looked at the moon. The inviting night breeze kissed her locks. She always preferred her alone time, and this was it.

She looked at the flowing night lights. They were beautiful. The city was beautiful at night. She remembered a poem once she read.

She was the city lights,
the stars,the fireflies,
the candle lights and everything else
that made the darkness,
look beautiful .

It was so true. She was in her own world.

"What are you doing here?"

Suddenly, she startled with a jump start hearing a voice. It was Zihan standing near her.

"Did I scare you?" He asked as he literally saw her shake.

"Em....I didn't expect anyone at this hour, so..."

She managed to utter, diverting her eyes from his gaze.

"Why didn't you go back?"

He asked her next curiously

"Emm....actually one of my friends was high. She didn't want to go back home in that state. So...."

She didn't want to proceed further.  Now, what she wanted was going back to her room.

Then he leaned closer to the hand dril and looked at the full moon. Then , a sudden question followed by a deep sigh.

"You are angry with me, right?"

His voice was low and sad. Lian was baffled by what he said. That made her look at him. His handsome face has squeezed with sadness.

"I am not." She said to him convincingly because she wasn't.

"You are." He replied back.
"You are angry as I turned you down that day. I regret it, too."

His words made her heart beat faster.

"He regrets!" She retorted herself.
"But half an hour ago ,he was ...."

She remembered the scene ,him being pulled inside by her.

"Nope, he is rambling nonsense. "

Lian came to a conclusion ending her silent monologue.

"You don't have to. You have everything."She said next.

For that, he scoffed.

"That's how everyone thinks. That's how everyone sees,but.....I am not happy."

She knew he meant his words. But she was in no place to believe him or help him. Because she saw him happy a little while ago. Right now, she just wanted to leave from there so badly.

"Emm....Mr. Zihan, it's getting late.  I should head back inside."

She said, hoping his consent anyway, as it was the right way.

Then he looked directly into her eyes.

"Why not stay a little longer."

She felt he was almost begging her. But she didn't want to stay there a second.

"Emmm....I should have some rest, Mr. Zihan. Good night. "

She said and turned to go, but she was stopped by him in the midway. He was holding her hand.

"Just stay a little longer. And....talk to me."

His words melted her heart. She understood he was looking for some solace, as he was not happy with his current affairs.

Then Lian turned back at him. She patted his hand,looking at him.

"I will stay. Let's talk. "

The next moment,before she could react, he hugged her from almight.

🪷🪷🪷🪷🪷🪷🪷

He is heartbroken