Just move forward. That's it.

That evening, as soon as they left, she ran to her room and cried bitter tears biting into her pillow. She was hurt in many ways. When her crying subsided, she strolled towards the mirror. Her face had uglied with crying.

"You rejected me without thinking twice, as I am not pretty right?"

Then her face changed. She gritted her teeth.

" I will show you how pretty I am. "

Next, she stood up from the dresser and went to the bathroom sink. She used some cleansing on her face ,washed away the residue, and returned her room.

Then she sat in front of the dressing table and went on applying make up on her. Within like thirty minutes, she was all done. Lian felt prettier in makeup.

"Do you still think I am ugly? Do you dare?"

She asked, looking at her in the mirror. Then the silence.

"This isn't real me,"

Her face fell with the realisation.

"This isn't. I am nothing like this. Now I understand.  He was right. He wanted to love a real person, so he rejected me right away. His intentions weren't to look down at me but to make sense. It's good. He is an honest person. He didn't play with my life, and....."

A pause for a moment.

"And I donot deserve him. He deserves better."

She made up her mind. She knew there was of no use thinking what ' s not in reach.

She wanted to move forward in her life. So she suggested to her parents that she wanted to follow a degree, but was cut away by them.

They saw no point in doing such. They wanted to keep her at eyesight and knew she had nothing to worry about her future.

"You can find someone better than Zihan."

They said to cheer her up. Lu elders had already apologized them behalf of their son. So Lian's parents knew what's going on with Lian.

However, Lian couldn't keep the thought away from her mind, so she secretly applied for the University of Beijing.

But nothing was going well in her life. Almost giving her a stroke, her dad died in an accident, bringing misfortune to their family. Of course, she loved him, more than anything else. She mourned almost a month. And then , when their wealth and properties disappeared right in front of their eyes, she finally decided to make a move.

They had to sell some lands they belonged ,to pay for the debts. Her dad had taken a huge loan, having thought of starting a new business. But in the absence of him, Lian and her mom were scammed by the dealers. They did the last thing they could have done. They sold what was left, cleared their debts and deposited the money into their bank accounts, and left Yincheon towards Beijing , to where her mom's sister lived with her family.

They warmly welcomed them in,but for how long. Thankfully, Lian's application to the University of Beijing hadn't been rejected, so she still had a chance to study. And that's what she did.

Almost a year passed,but unfortunately, Lian's mom died as her health gradually deteriorated with her father's death.  Now, there was no other left for her beside her aunt. She was the only one Lian adored among her relations. She was the one who helped her get back on tracks after her mom's death.

During the first two years, they helped Lian a lot to endure and encourage her to complete her studies, but later, she felt that she was becoming a burden to them. It's not that her uncle and aunt ever uttered anything ,it was their kids. They needed their life back. They needed their patents to only love them. That was very natural and understandable. So, during the third year, she stayed at the hostel and successfully completed her degree in accounting.

Then she just needed one thing. She wanted to find a job , and she knew exactly where she should go.

To Lu Zihan's thriving business firm, which was almost grabbing a place in Beijing with his skills.

🪷🪷🪷🪷🪷🪷

Let's go.