18. A Thousand Times Over

At last....the truth was revealed, everyone now knew all about Percy's dark and hidden past, even his closest friends and family.

The events leading up to him becoming a Death Berserker, getting killed and returning to life as a vengeful monster. And the hatred he had for the human race along with Earth's superheroes.

In a span of three years.....Percy suffered two tragedies, losing two very important people in his life. These events would jumpstart his transformation into Orion's ruthless and villainous protector.

The compassionate and carefree boy who wanted to explore the universe was gone.....replaced with bitter and angry warrior who did whatever it took to protect Orion.

Even kill.

When the visual memories ended, everyone looked back at Percy in shock and disbelief.

Rex and Serenity were distraught. Rex felt so much pain in himself too, he had stayed by his best friend's side for all these years but never knew what he had to endure.

His lifelong best friend had suffered through so much pain and loss in just three short years and Rex could do nothing. He wanted to console his friend but there was too much trauma, too much loss for his friend.

Serenity was visibly hurt, she looked as though she was about to cry. All this time.....she had been trying to figure out what had happened to the boy she loved, what could've changed him so much?

Percy did warn her back they were on that date a while ago. That she probably wouldn't have liked what she saw about his past.

This was what Percy tried to protect her from for all these years. The darkest side of himself, he didn't want his beloved to see him as a monster.

And even though she didn't.....he was still reborn as a creature of darkness. But even so, Serenity still loved her Percy despite the horrific truth of his past.

Nothing had changed for her, to Serenity, Percy would always be the man she loved. But that didn't mean that finding out about his past was easy for her to handle.

Austin saw how much his daughter was hurting and reached to comfort her.

The Gunner twins and Max had no words to say either but they felt guilt.

Guilty that they failed to protect Connor's son, had Percy not been revived by that Death Berserker and received its power......Percy would be dead to this day and Orion would've lost its protector.

Perhaps this was the hand of fate, changing Percy's and ensuring that he would become the protector.

Max felt even more guilty than his friends because Percy was his nephew and he had gone through the worst kind of injustice imaginable.

His childhood destroyed and personality warped.

Max glanced at his nephew who remained there with the same stoic and emotionless expression on his face that he always had.

His nephew had been through something so horrific and brutal as a child, something that Max couldn't protect him from.

And it disheartened him to see everything that had happened to his nephew, the only living blood relative that Max had after his younger brother and sister-in-law were murdered two decades ago.

In spite of the ruthless and hardened protector he had become.....Max still unconditionally loved his nephew like he was his own son, there was no question about that.

Max still honored the promise he made to his brother twenty ago.

To look after and protect Percy.

Blake, Jamie, Mei and Olivia were speechless to say the least. They didn't know Percy as well as their teammates did, they only knew Percy through his reputation as a villainous protector.