17. Villain Incarnate

"Dude.....are you serious?" Rex asked.

Everyone looked at Percy, unfortunately.....it doesn't end there just yet.

"I promised you'd all get the full story.....so I'm giving it to you"

"Are you sure? I mean.....how could it get any worse than this?"

Percy remained silent for a bit before answering, keeping his expression neutral and stoic.

"I'm sure you've all always wondered why I've had a profound hatred for humans"

That seemed to catch everyone's attention as the topic shifted away from his Death Berserker to why he held an immense hatred for humans.

"Well in all fairness......your father didn't trust humans either" Logan stated.

"Really?" Rex asked.

"Of course. Connor was no fool, do you know how incredible stupid it would be for humans to discover our world? Connor knew that and so......he had a mistrust in humans, he did everything he could to make sure Orion was kept hidden from humans"

"Damn......" Blakr remarked.

"He was right to. Humans are the weakest and most selfish species in the entire universe, if I could......I'd kill every single one of them"

That last statement by Percy had disturbed everyone and they noticed the amount of hate in Percy's eyes as he spoke about them, Rex and the others always knew that he harbored some kind of resentment and hatred towards the weak species but they never quite understood why.

".....What the hell did they do to you, man?" Rex asked although he was almost scared to know the answer.

Percy activated his visual memories once more and guided everyone through the events that had transpired.

Everything that unfolded happened when Percy was 18 years old, approximately 3 years after he became a Death Berserker and embraced his destiny as Energy Man.

By this point, Percy became immensely powerful in under 3 years in addition to learning how to control his Death Berserker form.

Although he was at risk of transforming anytime he experienced emotions of anger and hatred but he was able to control it well but shutting it off.

And it seemed as though Percy was beginning to properly mourn the death of Rei and deal with his trauma.

......Until he experienced another loss and this one was his breaking point which would ultimately complete his dark path of becoming a villain.

Percy met an individual named Warren, they were the same age and despite his dark personality......Percy befriended the young man. Warren wasn't afraid of Percy at all even though he knew him by reputation, Warren wasn't one to judge.

So he began hanging out with Percy as friends, he tried to get Percy to open up a bit but to no avail. Warren was given vague sentences and short details by Percy, he wasn't quite ready to open up just yet.

But later down the line, Warren had excitedly asked Percy to go with him to planet Earth. Percy was reluctant at first but Warren kept insisting, he wanted to see the planet and after a while, Percy had relented.

The thing about Earth was that the planet had also seen the emergence of superpowered beings but they were nowhere near as powerful as Neo Evolvers because a part of them still remained human which was a weakness.

Humans gained powers through various means rather than being born with superpowers like Neo Evolvers were and with the emergence of these "superhumans" came the rise of people known as Superheroes.