"I don't think it's a good idea,"

"Girls sleep over is always a good idea,"

What about my mother?

Mausam didn't let me sit peacefully till I said yes so I called Laxmi and let her know I wasn't coming back. Laxmi was happy that I was giving myself time.

"Let's go to my bedroom," Mausam suggested once we ate dinner. On the way she showed me a room where I would be sleeping.

Mausam made me sit on her bed and showed me their wedding photos. My heart jumped when I saw Alan in one of those pictures. He was dressed up in white and standing without a smile. Even when he wasn't smiling he was the most handsome man in the photo.

"I wish you were there too," she said.

At midnight I said goodnight to Mausam and went to the room where I would be sleeping. I opened the door and was about to turn on the lights but one of the lamps on the nightstand was on so I decided to go directly to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and changed into Mausam's clothes. Once I was done I called Laxmi to be sure my mother was doing well.

"She is sleeping peacefully. I asked you to take a night off so you would stop worrying," she said.

I requested her to call me if something happened.

"Nothing is going to happen,"

I walked towards the left side of the bed and sat there for some time.

"I don't want to lose my mother," I whispered getting inside the cover. I decided to leave the lamp on.

I was tossing and turning. Suddenly my legs went to touch something under the cover. I touched it again to know it was skin. My heart started to beat fast. I couldn't move for some time. I decided to scream but I knew this person could kill me even before Mausam heard me. Suddenly I got out of bed and turned on the lights. I realized someone was lying on the other side of the bed. I took slow steps towards the bed. When I saw the eyes looking back at me, I froze.

"Alan," I whispered.

"Hy, Maya," he smiled.

It was the first time he called me Maya. Love.

His voice was low and soft.

"What are you doing here?" I questioned.

"Sleeping?" he said.

I sighed and sat beside him. I should have left but I wanted to see him from close. After all this time, all this suffering life brought me right back to him. I thought I was over him but looking at his face, his eyes I realized how wrong I was. I still loved him, his face, smile and everything. But this was wrong.

"What are you doing here?"

"As I said sleeping,"

He didn't bother to move his body or get up.

"I often sleep here,"

What about his wife and children?

"Where were you all this time?" he whispered as if he was searching for me.

"Living my life,"

More like trying to stay alive.

"I am glad you are back," he whispered.

I was sitting beside his stomach. I leaned towards him.

"What about your family?"

"What family?" he questioned and I almost laughed.

"You should leave the room,"

"I can't," he whispered.

"I am not sleeping with you," I said.

"I am not suggesting it," he said.

I stayed silent.

"You look even more beautiful," he whispered. "With short hair and tattoos,"

I looked at the right hand on my lap and quickly covered my left hand with it. I didn't want him to see the red smiley tattoo on my ring finger.

"How many?" he questioned.

I looked at him not understanding what he meant by it.

"Tattoos?" his eyes lingered on my hand.

"Four," I whispered silently looking at my hand. I wanted to tattoo his name on my ring finger too. If things were different I would have. If only he were mine.

"Tell me about them," he said.

"There is nothing to tell about them," I whispered.

He smiled looking at me. His eyes were full of emotions.

"I missed you," he said.

"Married men are only allowed to miss their wives, not the other woman,"

"Don't degrade yourself like that, Dakshu. I told you a million times that you are my only choice,"

Then why aren't you divorced? I wanted to question him.

"Either get out of the room or I will," I finally said after a long pause.

"I want to lay here and watch you. It's been years. Didn't you miss me?"

Every second of it.

Tears started to collect in my eyes so I looked away.

"Have you moved on? Are you with a man?"

"That's none of your business," I snapped silencing him.

He closed his eyes and smiled.

"I knew," he whispered.

I looked at him with confusion.

"Alan," I whispered hoping he would get up and leave.

"Hmm,"

"Alan," I said placing my hand on his arm.

"Keep calling me," he whispered.

When I stopped moving my lips he opened his eyes.

"So beautiful," he said. "My Dakshu,"

That made me angry so I quickly got up.

"I am not yours,"

"You aren't but still you are," he said.

"Fine," I said. "I am leaving. Enjoy your sleep," I said not moving.

He grinned.

"What?"

"You are too pretty,"

I sighed.

"I really missed you,"

I closed my eyes looking at my lap.

"Alan," A voice called nearly startling me.

It was Nimek. There was a knock on the door.

"Why is the door locked?"

Holy Shit

I turned to look at Alan who was grinning.

"Unlock it," he mouthed.

"Alan, are you okay in there?" Nimek said.

I quickly unlocked the door and opened it.

Nimek was startled to see me.

"Dakshina," he said looking at me and then behind me.