27

Emilia's POV

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked, seeing my friends at my front door. "We came for the day" Thato said as we group hugged. "Let's sit down" Mia said and we all sat down.

"Did you tell Joe?" Luca asked "Well I didn't but someone did. We're ok now though" I replied with a small smile. "What after she ghosted you?" Mia said without thinking. That nudged her to keep quiet. "I'm in love with her and love is forgiving. I forgave her even if I don't understand why she didn't just talk to me because I'm madly in love with Joellyn"

"Whose Joellyn?" Luca asked making Mia give him a are you dumb look. "It's Joe, you idiot" Thato replied.

They hung out with me until they had to leave. I was sitting alone on the sofa when I got a call from an unknown number. "Hello?" I said suspiciously "hello dear Emilia. You may not know who I am but Joe will. Watch your back." The other line said. "My name's Chris Evans, the name will ring a bell to Joellyn" the other line said before cutting the call.

"Mama!" I yelled out for my mother. My mother entered the kitchen quickly. "Take me to Joe now" I said without any explanation. My mother drove me to Joe's parents place.

I went straight to Joe's room. She turned to me with a smile "hey nerd. What are you doing here?" She asked as she came to me and kissed my forehead.

"Whose Chris Evans?" I asked Joe. Her smile fell almost immediately. "Where did you hear that name from?" Joe asked as she closed her door. "He called and told me to watch my back" I replied.

"Shit!" Joe yelled in frustration. "We have to leave now now" she said grabbing her jacket. "Not until you tell me who he is" I stood my ground. "He's this guy from a gang. I killed his fiance by mistake." She replied looking very distracted. "Have you killed people" I asked.

"Yes, I go on missions for our mafia obviously I've killed people" she said bluntly. "You're a fucking murderer" I said to her "we're in the mafia, obviously I'm a murderer" she said unfazed. "That's fucking psychopathic" I said as I looked up at her. "Says the girl who burnt my fucking ex's house down because you had a crush on me" I kept quiet at her statement.

She sighed "I'm sorry baby. Come here" she said making me come to her. "It's just the way I was raised" she said as she played with my hair. "We're gonna have to be on high alert from now on. I'm scared he might do something to you" she sighed.