25

Joe's POV

I haven't seen or spoken to Emilia in four months. I've been really busy with getting my business degree. I miss her and I love her so so much but I have to focus. I feel bad for ghosting her but I'm working hard so when we have a family, everything will be perfect. I'm going to visit her soon so I can explain everything.

I got a phone call from my mother in the middle of the night. "Mom it's 11pm why are you calling so late" I groaned "it's important" she said in a serious tone.

I sat up straight in my bed and rubbed my eyes. "What is it?" I asked in a panicked tone. Is someone dead. I mean our family is a mafia family so I wouldn't be surprised if I had to go to another funeral.

"Joe I need you to stay calm ok baby" my mother said in a soothing tone. "Why wouldn't I be calm?" I asked her but got no reply. She sighed "Emilia's pregnant" my mother said, my heart started to beat faster. Did she meet someone else? Does she love someone else? I'm a fucking idiot.

"It's yours" my mother said making me calm down immediately. "She doesn't want you to know at all" she said through the phone. "Wait why?" I asked confused.

"You left her and she's angry" my mother said. My heart shattered into a million pieces right there and then. The love of my life must hate me. I left her for fucking books. I'm an idiot.

Tears streamed down my cheeks, my heart was heavy. "Honey are you still there?" My mother asked but she gained no response. I started sobbing uncomfortably. What if she doesn't love me anymore? What will I do with my life? With myself?

My mother started soothing me which made me calm down. "I'm coming tomorrow" I said making my mother sigh "no Joellyn" my mother tried to convince me. "Actually I'm coming today" I dropped the call and booked a ticket for the next flight to California which was in an hour, at midnight.

I packed a suitcase quickly. I changed into a simple outfit because I wanted to leave right now.

I drove to the airport speeding and probably breaking alot of road laws

I drove to the airport speeding and probably breaking alot of road laws. I borded the plane at exactly 00:03. I want Emilia to forgive me and I Know it'll take time but I'll do whatever it takes to get her back because I love her with everything in me. She's the bane of my existence.