20

Emilia's POV

Today's graduation. It's supposed to be a happy day but it's not for me. I'm losing the love of my life. I cried all morning.

"Emilia Elizabeth Popov" the principal called my name. I walked on to the stage and collected my diploma. After a few more names the ceremony was over.

My parents took photos of me and my friends. My friends were all going to Stanford so I won't be that lonely but I still need Joe.

"See you bitches at Stanford!" Luca yelled as he ran to his parents and older sister. Mia, Thato and I laughed at Luca's excitement for uni.

I left Mia and Thato alone so they could talk. I was walking around when someone came up behind me. Their hands made their way to my waist. "Hey, there's my pretty nerd" Joe said as she turned me around to face her.

"Hey baby" I said as I wrapped my hands around her neck. "I love you" she said as she laid her forehead on mine "I love you too" I said as a tear slipped out of my eye.

"I'm leaving tonight" Joe said making me pull away really quickly "what?" I asked as tears filled my eyes. "They need me there tomorrow" Joe said calmly.

"But the semester doesn't start for another 2 weeks" I complained "but it's Harvard. Emilia you have to understand" she sighed "I do understand" I said as I hugged her tightly.

"Promise to call me every day and visit me when you can" I said as I snuggled into her. "I promise you" she said as her hand brushed through my hair soothing me.