09

Joe's POV

She's been on my mind for way too long. I can't stop thinking about her ginger hair, her vanilla perfume, her cute little freckles.

What the fuck is wrong with me. I don't like her, I don't think I like her. I can't like her. She's annoying but yet I really want to spend all my time with her.

"Joe,did you hear me?" Emilia asked me as she bit on her cookie. I leaned in and dusted off some cookie crumbs off the side of her lip. She giggled at my action.

"You are so messy" I said as I laid my head on her lap. She picked up a pillow and hit me with it making me burst out in laughter. "I am not"

"Let's make a candy salad" Emilia said as she moved my head off of her lap and stood up. "A what?" I said in disbelief. "It's a salad but with candy" she yelled from the kitchen, I hummed.

"It only takes an idiot to not understand simple English" she said as she brought all the stuff we needed out, she had tones of candy bags in a bowl.

"It takes one to know one" I said as I sat down on the mat. She sat opposite me. She started dumping in random candies. "Do you want to mix it?" She asked as she held up a wooden spoon.

"Of course ,my lady" she giggled at my response as she handed me the spoon. I mixed it up the candy.

We ate the candy salad as we talked about random things. "Isn't it weird our parents trusted two teenagers alone?" Emilia asked me "That's the least of they're problems" I said as I popped the last piece of candy in my mouth. "Hey! That was mine" she whined.

"I didn't see your name on it" I said as I sprinted off. She caught up me and we both fell on the carpet. We were in fits of laughter between heaves of breaths.

"Let's eat some real food?" I suggested as I held out a hand to help her up. "Yes!" She said as she took my hand and stood up.

We ate fries and chicken nuggets because we were too tired to cook. "I love your cooking" Emilia said as she bit her frie. "This is fries and chicken nuggets" she blushed "I still like it" she said as she looked down at her place.

"Thank you, I will cook for you anytime if you bake for me" I said making her giggle "of course". We continued eating while we talked about random things.