𝟡

Three days had passed since the incident. I sat in the teacher's room, surrounded by paperwork, but I couldn't focus at all. What was the connection between Gojo and me, and in turn, between Gojo and my father and the elders? I played with my pen between my fingers, leaning my head on my hand. Sighing, I leaned back and stretched my body, glancing out the window. Sunbeams streamed beautifully through the glass.

That's right, we had the former Star Plasma, Riko. She had been fifteen back then, raised to be sacrificed for Tengen. Geto was responsible for her safety at the time. When they spent time together, she decided against it, and Geto protected her with everything he had. The situation became so intense that Geto was almost expelled from the Jujutsu Academy, but Gojo and I intervened later. I remember the argument between Gojo and the elders.

"We will sacrifice her!" one of Urahara's men shouted in the room.

Gojo looked at him coldly.

"Over my dead body," he replied.

The man flinched in fear because he knew no one in the room stood a chance against Gojo. I watched the scene with interest. Gojo took off his sunglasses.

"I'm sure Tengen has another Star Plasma ready, right?"

Urahara took a sharp breath. "If Tengen agrees, then we agree to sacrifice the second one."

That's how it ended up that even Tengen was indirectly bound to Gojo, and eventually, someone else was sacrificed. Though she wasn't a sorcerer, she often hung around here, and despite Geto's denials, they clearly had feelings for each other. The thought made me smile; they looked cute together.

As I watched, Geto put Gojo in a headlock, and Riko laughed. The idea of seeing Gojo struggle amused me.

Riko looked up and waved at me with a smile, calling out, "HOYYYYY, MIURAAAAAA!"

I grinned back and shouted from the window, "RIKOO CHAN!"

Gojo turned in my direction, his sunglasses on, while Geto also glanced my way and waved. I returned his wave and showed Gojo my middle finger. He shook his head, laughing, as they untangled and headed towards the main gate, the sun seeming to favor them.

Someone knocked on my door, and I returned to my desk.

"Yes?" I called out.

Toji barged in, surprising me. He hardly ever visited.

"Zenin, what are you doing here?" , he plopped down on the couch and spreading out.

His muscles flexed visibly.

"I've been telling you for seven years that I'm not a Zenin anymore," he reminded me.

I smiled at him innocently.

"Whoops," I replied.

He sighed.

"Why are you even here?"

He looked out the window, propping his feet up on the table.

"Why am I here..." he mumbled to himself, as if having an internal conversation.

I gave him a puzzled look.

"Yeah, old man, why are you here? Is Megumi causing you trouble?" I chuckled.

He grinned and looked at me. "For someone I trained for a few years, you're pretty cheeky."

I yawned and rested my head in my hands. "That's life," I said.

He looked me directly in the eyes, and I could swear I saw a flicker of sadness.

"Ah, yes, Megumi..."

I asked, "Has something happened to him, Toji?"

He laughed, "Holy shit, I'm his father and raised him; nothing happens to him that easily."

He took a deep breath. "I wanted to ask you for something."

I leaned back in my chair, surprised. "Oh, Toji Fushiguro has a request? Shoot."

He leaned forward, looking somewhat deflated.

"My boy, Megumi. I raised him with my wife until she passed away. I had lost all hope, but when I saw Megumi, I couldn't bear to abandon him."

"Is this going to be your sad life story?" I interrupted, taking a sip of my coffee.

He scratched his head, annoyed.

"Shut up and listen. He's 17 now and has learned everything he needs from me." He grinned somewhat sadly at the floor.

"And what does that mean?"

"I'm leaving the Jujutsu Academy and going my own way," he replied.

The room fell silent. I was shocked; it was so sudden.

"What?" I exclaimed.

He looked at me seriously.

"I'm leaving the Jujutsu Academy."

I stood up abruptly, horrified.

"What about Megumi?!?!"

"He'll manage without me," Toji replied.

I clenched my fists.

"Toji, he'll be devastated!"

"That's why I'm asking you to take care of him," he said.

I raised my eyebrows in shock, my mouth agape. I walked away from my desk and approached him, grabbing him by the collar.

"If this is all a joke like your other stupid jokes, you better say it now"

He didn't say anything. It wasn't a joke. I let go of him, shocked, and he stood up, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Please, Miura..."

I looked down. It wasn't about whether I could take care of Megumi; it was about being afraid to deliver the news to him.

I whispered softly, "Why me and not Gojo?"

He walked to the door and paused.

"If Gojo found out, he would do everything to stop me, even lock me up. We made a deal back when my wife died that I would see it through until Megumi was ready, but he probably thought I would change my mind when I raised Megumi..." With that, he left the room.

Once again, Gojo is involved. I sank into the sofa, still shocked, running my hand through my hair and biting my lip in stress.