𝟜

The next morning, I sat in the classroom. Gojo and I were seated next to each other for the inquiry. My arms were crossed in front of my chest, feeling annoyed. Yaga sat in front of us with a list.

"It turns out he mistook you for Gojo, and he wanted to kill Gojo because he had been on assignment for a long time," he explained.

Gojo grinned and spread his arms over the back of my chair. I shot him a glare and then turned to Yaga.

"Is that all? Can I go now?"

Yaga nodded, and I got up, heading towards the exit. I could already imagine Gojo following me.

I saw Shoko and Geto rushing down the school stairs.

Shoko hugged me immediately.

"Hey, I heard you were attacked!" she exclaimed.

I hugged her back.

"I'm fine, really," I reassured her.

Geto gave Gojo a slap on the head like an angry mother.

"Idiot, didn't I tell you not to take risks?"

Gojo stuck his tongue out at him.

Toji came up the stairs with Baby Megumi, but the way he was holding him made us all look at him strangely. He held Megumi's head with one hand, and he glared at us like his father. Like father, like son. Toji didn't even greet us; he just continued walking with Megumi held up by his head, looking like a trash bag from behind.

Utahime came down the stairs with Mei Mei.

"Hey, are you all excited? Today is our graduation day!" she exclaimed.

I rubbed my head.

"Right, I forgot."

Geto asked the group, "Have you all decided to become teachers?"

Mei Mei answered arrogantly, "It brings in the most money."

Shoko happily jumped in, "Yup, I want to become a teacher!"

Everyone else agreed except for Gojo and me.

Geto asked, "What about you two?"

I sighed, "Yeah, probably."

Gojo stretched. "Can't really avoid it."

Utahime headed to the next floor.

"Then we'll all meet downstairs in 20 minutes in the foyer for our graduation photo!" she announced, then disappeared.

Shoko took my hand. "Come on, let's get ready!"

I laughed and let her pull me along.

We put on our uniforms, did our makeup, and styled our hair. I opted for a loose bun. The others were already there. Yaga was the photographer. Utahime, Mei Mei, Shoko, and I stood in the back, hugging each other cutely. Geto and Gojo knelt on the floor, grinning with silly faces.

Yaga took two shots and then said in his bored voice, "Miura, kneel next to Gojo. It's better for the harmony of the photo since your hair is similar."

I hesitated for a moment but sighed and did as he said. It was our last day, and I didn't want to ruin it. I knelt beside them, flashing a peace sign, and Yaga took another picture.

Suddenly, Gojo hugged me tightly, pressing his face against mine. I tried to break free, shocked. Geto burst into laughter, Utahime scolded Gojo, Mei Mei was on her phone, and Shoko laughed heartily.

Yaga captured that moment with a smile, and that was our official farewell as students of the Jujutsu Academy, ready to become teachers.

◇◇◇