𝟛𝟙

The days flew by in the blink of an eye. I sat at the Jujutsu Academy cafe with Nanami, sipping our drinks. I held my coffee cup with both hands, staring into its contents. It reflected me back. I glanced at Nanami, who was deeply lost in his thoughts. I desperately wanted to talk to him because I didn't want him to spiral into darkness.

"Nanami..." 

He looked up, and his dark circles became more apparent. "Yes, Miura?"

 I furrowed my brow slightly out of concern. 

"I know a lot has happened in the past few months..."

 He sighed, massaging his forehead.

 "Too much has happened." 

My grip on the coffee cup tightened as I sought the warmth as proof of my existence. 

"Haibara would-"

 His head was down, and he raised his hand desperately. 

"No, Miura... please don't mention his name..." 

Tears threatened to surface, but I suppressed them because I wanted to uplift him, not make him more depressed. I swallowed the lump in my throat and took a sip.

 "I'm sorry." 

He shook his head like a drunkard, resting his head on his arm. 

"No, Miura, you don't have to apologize." 

My lips trembled as I tried harder to hold back the tears. My grip on the coffee cup became even tighter, and I looked down slightly. Nanami's voice trembled as if he were about to cry. 

"Oh, Miura... I'm suffering so much... Haibara was young, and as an older person, I should have protected him better."

 He slammed his hand on the table, tears streaming down his face. 

"But I failed, and how can I then protect the kids here?"

 My grip on the coffee cup tightened so much that the coffee spilled over, burning my skin. I recoiled, and Nanami looked at me directly with concern. He stood up, approached me, knelt in front of me, took my hand, and dried it with a tissue. 

"Please be careful." 

I couldn't hold back my tears any longer and had to hug Nanami, who hesitated at first but then hugged me tightly.

 I sobbed, "Haibara was a good boy, Nanami!"

 He didn't respond. I composed myself, took deep breaths, and released from the hug, looking him deep in the eyes.

 "Nanami... we must promise each other not to give up because Haibara, Riko, and Megumi wouldn't want to see us like this." 

His eyes widened.

 "For their sake, we must keep fighting." 

His eyes widened even more, and his mouth slightly agape.

 He stood up, smiled slightly, and said softly, "You're right

 He stood up, smiled slightly, and said softly, "You're right. Haibara must be screaming from heaven, 'Nanami, don't give up!'"

 I wiped away my tears and smiled at him determinedly, standing up as well

 I wiped away my tears and smiled at him determinedly, standing up as well. I gave him a light fist bump on the chest. 

"Deal?" 

He nodded. 

"Deal." 

I sighed inwardly with satisfaction. 

"See you later."

 I left, but as I turned around to wave at him, a picture flashed in my mind like lightning.

 It hurt so much, but I pretended everything was fine because Nanami was watching me. A picture that haunts me now. I turned around quickly and ran around the corner, leaning against the wall, panting heavily, clutching my heart.

 "What was that?" 

What the hell was that? 

I'm scared. I bit my lip. Gojo came up the stairs in my direction and looked at me in shock. He ran straight to me and placed a hand on my shoulder, and I collapsed to the ground. 

His voice screamed with concern, "What happened??" 

I took deep breaths and looked at him in shock. 

"I... I saw a picture of Nanami in front of me... his death."

 His eyes widened, and he hugged me immediately. I felt his heartbeat against my ear. 

I trembled, "It... it- was his death." 

He held me even tighter.

 "It's okay, Miura." 

I shook my head.

 "No."

 He released the hug and cupped my face in his hands. I looked into his deep ocean-blue eyes.

 "Miura! Everything will be okay." 

I winced, clenching my face in pain. 

"Do you think?"

 His eyes widened in shock. I smiled, desperate.

 "Earlier, I lectured Nanami that we shouldn't give up, but now I'm sitting here losing myself."

 He smiled confidently and shook his head slightly. 

"No, Miura... in my eyes..." 

He hesitated as he looked into my eyes as if in a trance. 

"You're the strongest girl I've ever seen." 

My eyes widened at his statement.

 Does he really see me like that?

Suddenly, he kissed my forehead. I got goosebumps at the touch of his soft lips against my forehead. 

I suddenly laughed, "I guess we've both lost our minds." 

He looked surprised but then laughed and stood up, offering me a hand, which I took. He helped me up, and I straightened my clothes because I sat on the ground. He suddenly wrapped an arm around me.

 I smiled unconsciously because 𝒷𝑒𝒸𝒶𝓊𝓈𝑒 𝐼 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓉𝑒𝒹 𝒽𝒾𝓂 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓂𝑒....