𝟙𝟠

I sat on the bench outside the morgue, staring at the ground, my elbows on my thighs. I stared at my hands, still stained with Megumi's blood. Gojo stood leaning against the wall. The memory of his shocked eyes as I pierced his heart made me bury my face in my hands, tears flowing uncontrollably. 

What had I done? WHAT HAD I DONE? 

Gojo didn't say anything the whole time.

 How could everything change within a matter of seconds? How?

He breathed in and out deeply.

 His tone was filled with sorrow and hurt as he spoke, "It's not your fault, Miura."

 I looked in his direction, sobbing, "Gojo, how can this not be my fault? I didn't even notice other enemies!" 

Salty tears burned on my face. He looked into my eyes with compassion. He sat next to me, took my head, and rested it on his shoulder, and I cried even harder. 

He spoke in a soothing tone, "Cry as much as you want." 

I sobbed, "I... I can't... stop crying anymore." 

He stroked my head, "I know, it hurts."

"Gojo, he was only 15, he had so much ahead of him

"Gojo, he was only 15, he had so much ahead of him." I lamented,I had never been so glad to have him here right now. Someone who understands me. 

I felt his irregular breathing and heard him biting his lip, something wet falling on my hair. The door of the morgue opened. Yuji and Nobara stepped out. I looked in their direction. They looked so broken. Nobara's eyes were red from crying. Yuji didn't even look up. They stood in front of us. 

Yuji sounded so hurt, "Miura-sensei, we all know it wasn't your fault."

Nobara sounded so exhausted and quiet, "We fought against an enemy with illusion abilities... and suddenly... that strange woman and the guy..."

She bit her lip, tears streaming down her face.

Gojo leaned forward, "A guy with illusion technique?" 

She nodded. I lifted my head from his shoulder. He rubbed his face desperately. 

Yuji took a few steps like a lifeless corpse, "We're going back..." 

They walked away.

 I looked at Gojo, "Why did you sound like you knew who he was?"

 He shook his head slightly, desperate, "It's okay, Miura..." 

My hands clenched into fists. 

He knows something but doesn't want to say it! I

I bit my lip, tears welling up again, "Please, Gojo, if you know something, don't hide it. Megumi died, and when you came, I remember you said 'not again.'"

 He looked blankly at the ground, "All I can say Miura, it's not your fault, it's mine, and eventually, the time will come..." He simply stood up and left.

 I called his name after him, "GOJO, WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?" 

He didn't answer and walked away. 

I threw my phone in frustration against the ground.

The door to the morgue opened again. Shoko, with a cigarette in her mouth, came out. One hand in her coat, she came to me and hugged me directly. 

She said my name in such a gentle tone that it lifted my heart, "Miura..."

 I buried my face in her embrace, "Shoko, it hurts so much..." I cried in her arms.

 "I know. I know, Miura..."

-------------------------------------------------

I know guys this chapter and the last chapter were short :,)