𝟙𝟙

◇◇◇

◇◇◇

We split up, but it was difficult because Toji didn't possess any cursed energy, so he couldn't be easily tracked. I focused my energy on the surroundings, more to the north, but found nothing. Instead, I sensed the presence of Megumi and Nobara! Damn, it was too late; he had already noticed me.

 Megumi and Nobara came up the stairs. Megumi noticed me first. 

"Ah, Miura-sensei."

 Nobara, with a bubble tea in hand, practically shouted, "Oh, MIURA SENSEI!" 

I smiled, "Hey, kids."

 Megumi looked puzzled. 

"What are you doing around here? You're never usually here."

 Nobara chimed in, "Yeah, Megumi's right. You're never around here!" 

"Ah, I just wanted to take a walk." 

Nobara, not the sharpest tool in the shed, didn't question things, but with Megumi, you had to be careful; he had a sharp mind. 

Nobara happily exclaimed, "Oh, okay! Then enjoy the weather, Sensei. There's a great boutique back there!"

 I chuckled, "Really? I'll check it out." 

They continued on, but Megumi said nothing, just gave me one last skeptical look. I quickly turned and headed down the stairs. Once I was sure I was out of earshot, I took out my phone and tapped out a message to Gojo.

 "How's it going on your end?" 

He replied with a "👎"

 "Fuck," I typed back.

 Toji Fushiguro could really suppress his presence well. I wandered through the park, lost in thought.

 A little kid bumped into me, wide-eyed, saying to his mom, "Mom, look, someone with white hair!"

 I looked at the child, surprised, and the mother pulled him away, giving me an apologetic look. I smiled at her. True, it's rare to find someone with white hair anywhere in the world.