𝟛𝟠- 𝔾𝕠𝕛𝕠 𝕊𝕒𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕦

I stretched my arm out towards her as she ran out

I stretched my arm out towards her as she ran out. I froze and shivered from the coldness she left in the room. It was dark, the only light coming from my eyes and the city lights outside. I stared at the floor in despair, my hands clenched into fists. I couldn't change anything. Tears rolled down my cheeks.

I wanted to protect Miura... but something always gets in the way.

She believes me but tries to suppress it.

The fact is, when her memories from the other dimensions return, they will destroy her from within. My hand went to my face. I wiped away my tears. Suddenly, I felt the remnants of Sugurus power. I jumped up, realizing he left it intentionally for me!

I teleported outside immediately. Concentrating my thoughts, I realized he was on the Tokyo Tower. I teleported directly there. He stood there alone at the observation deck. No one else was there. His white shirt was smeared with blood. My heart shattered into a thousand pieces. He turned slightly to me with a faint smile.

"You're late, Satoru."

It felt like a lump in my throat.

"Suguru!"

He sighed.

"You idiot... I had to leave traces for you..."

I took a few steps towards him. He turned away again, facing the city. I continued to approach until I stood next to him, looking out at the vibrant city below.

"Suguru... How did this happen?"

He raised his hand, interrupting me with a hearty laugh.

"I already know, Satoru."

I looked at him, surprised.

"Know about what?"

He leaned on the railing, his strands of hair flying to the side. He glanced at me.

"Ironically, I have memories from the other dimensions..."

I froze. My eyes widened.

"What?"

I practically screamed.

"That's impossible! Normally, only the people you made the pact with are affected!"

He scratched his head.

"I don't know. Apparently, the dimensions collided with each other."

I took a deep breath.

"Satoru, you've traveled through the dimensions nine times now... I'm sure you've had to give up something each time, after all, it's a vow."

I looked at him, pain in my heart.

"Yes..."

There was a brief silence. He sighed.

"It doesn't matter if you can't talk about it, although I'm also aware of what it could be each time..."

I looked back at the city and desperately hit the railing.

"I thought... I thought in this dimension, I finally made it, and everyone is alive and happy... BUT NO..."

His voice became serious.

"Apparently, you can't change the story, only delay it."

My eyes welled up with tears, and I stared at him.

"I also wanted you to walk away from the others in this dimension!"

He laughed.

"Yes, in the first dimension, I burned down the entire village and became a traitor, then started a great war. Yuta severely injured me, and you killed me in the end... then this curse, Kenjaku, took over my body, and eventually, you and Miura died too."

My heart felt like it had been ripped out. My hand went unconsciously to my chest.

"I'm sorry-"

Suguru laughed.

"Idiot, I'm the bad guy here..."

He stretched, and I asked, "Suguru... how did it happen this time?"

"The mission this time broke me... and then at the grave, the memory of Riko and Urahara, how he planned it..."

I looked at him, surprised.

"The mission?"

He nodded, and chuckled softly.

"Just like in the first dimension, the mission with the twins."

My mouth hung open.

"Urahara..."

He nodded.

"Miura is in danger."

My heart raced, and my mouth went dry.

"Suguru! Come with me! We'll fix everything again!"

He raised his hand defensively and shook his head.

"No, no, Satoru, I'll choose to act the same way in this dimension... I'm sorry, but Riko's death already made me rethink things, but you had briefly saved me from the darkness, but unfortunately, it wasn't enough..."

I took another desperate step forward.

"No, please don't do this, Suguru..."

He hugged me tightly.

"You will always be my best friend, Satoru, no matter which dimension. But the facts won't change for me, the Jujutsu system is wrong."

My heart broke even more, and tears flowed.

"No, please..."

Suguru chuckled and patted me on the shoulder.

"Hey, hey, in the fourth dimension, you apparently let me die to save Miura."

I hugged him back, my grip on his clothes tightening.

"I'm sorry..."

His voice softened.

"No, you don't have to be, because I've realized something... you love her with all your heart, Satoru."

Yes, I love her, and I will never stop loving her. The reason for all the suffering I've endured nine times now was because of Miura...

I rested my forehead against his shoulder.

"Nothing ever lasts forever, does it?"

He laughed heartily.

"Unfortunately no ... I hope to see you on the other side, Satoru."

My eyes widened at the realization of what he was asking of me.