𝟚

◇

◇◇

Miura Sumiko, 18 years old, versus Gojo Satoru, also 18 years old. The strongest versus the second strongest. We were in the training room. All eyes were on us with keen interest as we clashed our arms together. He deliberately deactivated his Limitless for this training, what an insult that was to me. I gritted my teeth in frustration. Yet, he still outmatched me. I aimed for a kick, but he effortlessly blocked it, wearing that grin that says, "I'm better than you."

I lost it and activated my technique. A piece of ice jutted out from the ground toward Gojo. He scoffed and effortlessly shattered it with his hand. Yaga grabbed my shirt from behind and pulled me back. 

"Miura, what was that! You know that the release of techniques is prohibited during training!"

 I spat blood in my mouth, annoyed, and spat it out to the side. Everyone seemed to hold their breath as the atmosphere grew tense. I broke free from Yaga and saw Gojo staring intensely at me. 

He grinned again, saying, "It's all good, Sensei, it doesn't bother me because, after all, she's w.e.a.k.e.r than me."

I wanted to lash out in anger, but my father shouted from behind, "That's enough!"

 I flinched briefly, taking a step back and looked down at the ground, then to him. He looked at me neutrally, but I knew what that look meant. Disappointment. 

"We're going back now," he said. 

I nodded and walked back to him, feeling defeated. His presence made me nervous. We walked out of the gym. Once outside, he slapped me on the cheek. I flinched and held the spot with my hand. 

He grew angry, his voice dripping with disappointment, "You can't even defeat him without his Infinity? WHAT ARE YOU GOOD FOR? CAN'T YOU DO ANYTHING BETTER THAN HIM?"

 I didn't dare to open my mouth, only sinking further into myself.

Gojo stepped outside with a water bottle in his hand.

 "Kiyosaka Yaga wants to speak with you," he said.

 Is he trying to help me right now?

 My father got very close to Gojo, his tone threatening, "Watch how you speak to me; I'm still older than you!" 

Gojo didn't back down, and I widened my eyes, expecting a confrontation. Gojo only stared him in the eyes until my father scoffed and stormed back inside.

Gojo moved to put a hand on my shoulder, "Hey, it's okay—" but I slapped his hand away, tears welling up inside me.

 "I don't need your help!" I snapped, walking away from him, frustrated.

 Why could he do things I couldn't? Why was he able to confront my father while I couldn't? 

Tears streamed down my face as I heard him call after me, "Hey, wait!"

.

.

The next day, I was in the classroom packing my books. Geto and Gojo were chatting and laughing. Shoko came over to me, grabbed a chair, and sat in front of me with a cigarette in her mouth. 

She made a smiley face with her fingers, "Could you please smile?"

 I sighed, "If only I could."

 She tilted her head to the side, "Do you need help with something, Miura?"

 Yes, I need help, but unfortunately, you can't help me.

I smiled at her and shook my head, "No, really, I'm fine. Just had a bad night's sleep." 

She looked at me with concern, and I stood up, leaving the classroom. I noticed his gaze, and I shot him a warning glance. I didn't need pity from him, especially not from the person responsible. I walked out onto the schoolyard. The cold winter had arrived, but since I had ice powers, it didn't bother me. Many people here were freezing, but I still wore my summer uniform. The snow reached up to my shins. I stopped and looked up at the sky. I held out my hand and let the snowflakes fall onto my palm. 

I smiled and created a small ice flower in my hand. I love snow; it represents me in most cases. Isolated, it falls from the sky. 

"You love the snow, don't you?"

 I turned in the direction of his voice. He apparently followed me directly from the classroom. What an annoying rat.

He leaned against the pillar, wearing a black winter jacket and a scarf. His sunglasses occasionally fogged up, and he breathed out warm air. I furrowed my eyebrows. I crushed the flower in my hand. 

"What do you want from me?" 

His expression betrayed his concern, and that annoyed me even more.

 I gritted my teeth. "Stop it..."

 He looked at me with wide eyes. 

I shouted, "Stop it!"

 I saw Shoko and Geto pressing their faces against the window. I walked over to him, grabbed him by the collar, and once again, he had deactivated his infinity. 

I shook him, and my eyes became watery, "What do you want from me? Wherever, whenever, however, you always get in my way." 

He didn't say anything but just smiled at me slightly, "Snow doesn't symbolize loneliness, but purity, beauty, and a new beginning." 

His six eyes looked into mine. I took a few steps back, slightly shocked. What was this supposed to mean? I don't understand him. What he just said sounded familiar to me. Why do I have déjà vu?

 I touched my forehead as a stabbing pain shot through my head. He looked at me intensely as I walked away from him. The snow continued to fall on me. Once outside the main gate, I leaned against the wall, exhausted. Something is wrong with my head, or with me in general. I touched my heart and took deep breaths, calming myself down. 

Gojo Satoru, who are you really?

I returned to our estate. I opened the main gate. The garden was covered in snow. Using my cursed power, I cleared the garden of snow and made my way inside. The room was cold. As usual, my father didn't bother to take care of me in any way. I walked down the hallway and entered his room. The room felt too warm to me. He was drinking his green tea. 

"How's it going with Gojo Satoru?" 

I closed the door behind me and sat down.

 "Still the same," I replied. 

"Are you trying to tell me that your mother died in vain to give birth to a brat like you who can't even surpass Satoru?"

 His voice was stern, and I spoke softly as I looked down at the floor.

 "I'm sorry, I'll try harder."

 Maybe I should kill my father.

I stared at him with empty eyes. 

He grinned, "If you're having any foolish thoughts, I might need to remind you of something."

 I got goosebumps. He had noticed my murderous intent immediately, and it didn't take long for me to be pressed against the ground. He had control over my body! I felt pressure on my throat, and soon everything went black. 

All I heard was, "Forget everything..."