𝟛𝟟- 𝔻𝕖𝕤𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕪 𝕚𝕤 𝕦𝕟𝕗𝕒𝕚𝕣

◇◇◇

◇◇◇

The moment had shocked me so much that I didn't even register the rain slowly falling on me, soaking me to the bone. I looked at him with wide eyes, trembling.

What was he talking about?

I couldn't recognize this happy and strong Gojo anymore. I felt like an empty doll. He stood up and pulled me by the arm. I watched his back as we walked, his hand holding mine. My brain couldn't and wouldn't function.

We walked for a while, and I recognized where he was taking me-Gojo's estate. He practically kicked the door in, and it slammed shut behind us as we entered without even bothering to take our shoes off, tracking mud everywhere. He led me through the living room and sat me down at the dining table.

Without a word, I sat down and stared out of the huge window in front of me, feeling like the entire city was laid out before me, its lights twinkling in the dark.

He returned with two cups in hand, placing one in front of me and one in front of himself. Sitting down exhaustedly, he ran his hand over his face. I just stared at him, then at the contents of the cup reflecting my own face. I looked over at him; the rain had caught him too.

His strands of hair clung wetly to his face, and his clothes were soaked. He crossed his hands in front of him on the table, taking deep breaths as if trying to say something he didn't want to. Then suddenly, he looked at me, making me flinch slightly.

"In the past, do you remember when we were teenagers, and you were leaving school, and I followed you in the snow?" he asked in a broken and quiet tone.

I frowned, trying to recall.

Ah, that.

I hesitated, fearful. "Y-yes, why?"

He gazed at me even more intensely.

"Have you ever wondered how I knew in that moment that you were thinking about the snow and liked it, even though we theoretically never had any contact?"

Goosebumps rose on my skin, my heart racing faster.

"I-I've always wondered that... but I mostly thought it was just a coincidence."

He leaned forward.

"Do you remember the attack on you by that guy from the Star Sect Group, and how I was there right on time?"

I nodded hesitantly.

"What's your point?"

"Remember the mission with Yuji, and how I showed up just in time?"

I nodded again, more unsure now.

"What are you getting at!?"

"Do you remember the conversation afterward with Urahara?"

My grip tightened, my anxiety growing. "Yes..."

"And do you remember how I reacted to Toji leaving and our conversation that night on the bench?"

I bit my lip, refusing to answer this time.

"Do you remember the day we trained with Riko, and my Infinity didn't work?"

My fear intensified, almost inadvertently altering the temperature in the room.

His voice grew more serious.

"Do you remember when I warned you not to take missions from the assholes, but you did anyway, and what happened afterwards?"

He looked at me with furrowed brows, and my mouth hung slightly open, shocked. I was on the verge of tears.

"Damn it, what are you getting at?" I shouted out of desperation.

He ignored my protests.

"Remember when I told you about the group Toji joined?"

My heart beat faster.

"Haven't you ever wondered why I cared so much about you despite your hatred?"

He had reached a limit with me, and out of anger and despair, I screamed at him, "DAMN IT, WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY!?"

He looked at me seriously, his eyes becoming watery.

"Miura..."

He took a deep breath, and his Six Eyes lit up in the dark room.

"I've traveled from one dimension to another."

My facial muscles tightened. It was as if space and time stood still for me... what did he just say?

I stared at him blankly, my heart racing so fast that the temperature dropped further, freezing the plant nearby.

He placed his hands on his forehead and squeezed his eyes shut, seemingly trying to hold back his tears.

"I traveled from one... to the other," he repeated, looking at me with one tear rolling down.

"To save you from your fate."

Fate?

He looked at me more intensely.

"Every time... you died tragically, and I couldn't save you. I couldn't let you go... Miura, I love you too much for that."

My lips trembled, a mix of grief and absurdity, and I laughed.

I can't believe what he's saying!

I laughed so loudly that he looked at me in astonishment, as if I had lost my mind.

"What the hell are you talking about, Gojo?"

He looked at me seriously.

"All these events happened in our original dimension... I tried to prevent them in the other dimensions, but..."

He slammed his hand on the table as more tears flowed.

"I couldn't damn it! No matter how many times I tried! The events just happen differently, no matter what measures I take!"

I looked at him.

He's insane! He's completely insane!

I stood up, and so did he. I headed towards the door, but he grabbed my arm.

"Miura!"

I slapped his hand away and looked at him seriously.

"You're insane!"

He looked at me, pained. It broke my heart into a thousand pieces. I ran out, feeling the heavy rain mixing with my tears.

I don't want to believe what he's saying!

I sobbed.

I DON'T WANT TO BELIEVE WHAT HE'S SAYING!

𝐵𝓊𝓉 𝓂𝓎 𝒽𝑒𝒶𝓇𝓉 𝒾𝓈 𝓉𝑒𝓁𝓁𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓂𝑒 𝑜𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝓌𝒾𝓈𝑒 ....