Break

"Hey," I smiled softly, descending Lizzie's stairs the next morning to find her sitting on her windowsill sofa holding a full mug of hot coffee.

"Hey," she whispered, looking over at me with a heaviness behind her eyelids, "the kettle's probably still hot."

"I'm okay," I assured her, sitting down on her left and placing my hand on her knee as she smiled at me sadly.

"I've been watching people walking their dogs," she told me, looking back outside the window.

"Sounds fun," I smirked.

She laughed out her nose and looked back at me softly, "there's not been many people actually, I just didn't- I didn't want to open my phone because I know I've got loads of messages."

I nodded in understanding, "are you hungry yet? I could make some food?"

"Can I cook? I think it might make me feel a little bit more normal," she replied quietly.

"Of course you can," I smiled back, "did you sleep much?"

"Are you saying I look like shit?" she smirked gently.

"You've certainly looked less tired," I agreed.

She hummed and nodded, moving so she could hug me, holding my body tighter than ever before.

"I really love you," she mumbled.

"I love you too baby," I sighed, hugging her back as she held her coffee between her legs.

She shook her head and pulled away, looking at me with a level of love I had never been at the receiving end of.

"I've never felt so strongly about another person, when I say I love you, it's more than just that ... I don't know how else I can say it though, I love you more than every other thing in my life Y/N/N, the sun rises and falls on you," she expressed.

"Stop you're going to make me cry," I laughed out my nose.

"I don't have anyone in my life that would've been there for me yesterday," she continued, "I didn't even have to tell you to come over or how to help me, you just knew, and I think that's when it really clicked just how desperately I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

"I love you that much too," I smiled softly, "more than I can put into words."

She nodded and searched my eyes with a shine of happiness as her nose scrunched ever so slightly, "I know you do; I feel it every time you look at me and I know I can be a hard person to love so ... thank you."

"You're not hard to love darling," I sighed, "anyone who's told you that is clearly not quite right in the head."

She laughed out her nose and nodded, pulling me back into a really tight hug.

"Is there anything you need?" I asked softly, rubbing my hand up and down her spine.

She shook her head, "I'm sorry if I scared you."

"You're fine Liz, I'm here for you at your best and worst," I assured her, placing a kiss on the side of her head.

___

Hours later when Lizzie and I were half a tub of ice-cream down, my phone started ringing loudly underneath my body. Lizzie fetched it out and sat back down comfortably, her eyes still on the TV screen where we were watching a series of different romcoms.

"Hi?" I asked, picking up the phone.

"Where are you?" Scarlet sniffled.

"Lizzie's, why? What's happened?" I pushed, sitting up and furrowing my brows.