Privilege

I woke up before Lizzie, so I got the privilege of watching her enter the world this morning. Her hair was lying messy over my silk pillowcase with my duvet bunched in her fists as they held it tightly up to her neck. She was smiling as she slept, her eyes twitching from an obvious dream she was having. I lightly placed my hand on her cheek and brushed some loose hair behind her ear before taking it away, so I didn't accidently wake her up. She hummed quietly and scrunched her nose before falling back into a steady sleep. Her lips remained slightly swollen from the amount we were kissing last night and there was a very faint purple love bite under her left ear. When her eyelashes began fluttering open, I smiled slightly as I was met with a flash of green from her eyes as the sunlight bounced off them and she searched my sleepy-looking face.

"Hey," I whispered.

"Hi," she smiled with a tired husk in her voice.

"You're the most beautiful person I've ever seen," I mumbled, looking over her facial features more clearly in the light.

She laughed out her nose and cupped my cheeks, bringing our lips together in a slow kiss. I hummed and pulled away before we could both taste our shared morning breath.

"Do you want a coffee?" I asked quietly, brushing her hair back behind her ear.

"I just opened my eyes," she smirked.

"Yeah, but I haven't," I laughed softly.

"Can we cuddle for five minutes and then I'll make the coffee?" she suggested, opening her arms to hug me and revealing her bare breasts.

I smirked and poked her soft nipple, watching it go hard in the open as Lizzie began giggling and pulled me into a tight hug.

"You're such a fucking weirdo," she laughed.

"You love it," I giggled, hugging her back and placing a soft kiss on her neck from where I lay.

"Yeah," she whispered, kissing the top of my head before pecking my lips again and looking down at me, "I really like waking up next to you."

"Me too," I smiled, "I reckon I could look at you for the rest of our life and never get tired."

"The rest of our life?" she asked, clearly slightly taken aback.

"Um ... no I think you misheard me, I said; the br-breast of a ... knife," I replied slowly.

She hummed and nodded slowly with a small smirk, "the breast of a knife?"

"Yup, that's what I said," I smiled proudly, "time for coffee I think, I'll be right back."

"Hey, wait!" she giggled, watching me slip on a t-shirt and fast walk to my bedroom door, "baby?"

I hummed curiously and turned around to look at her, "sugar? Syrup? Food? Are you hungry?"

"The rest of our life sounds pretty fun," she smiled softly.

"That's not what I said darling," I smirked playfully, "but that's good to know ... hypothetically of course."

She nodded, "of course."

"Yup," I smiled.

"I'll have one sugar please," she smiled back.

"I know," I smirked slightly, leaving my bedroom toward the kitchen with a smile on my lips that wasn't faltering.

The house was still pretty quiet this morning and Scarlet's bedroom door was still open, her room untouched as she was still at Emily's and probably would be until at least tomorrow. Dublin was either really fucking loud this morning or my hangover was just much more severe than I had originally thought. As the kettle began to boil, I grabbed my only two matching mugs and prepared the coffees, Lizzie leaving my room and joining me in the kitchen. She was dressed in one of my large hoodies which hung loosely around her body.