Truth

"W-what are you doing?" Lizzie asked, freezing in her tracks when she saw her phone in my hands.

"Who's Robbie?" I replied, my eyes still on the phone screen.

"No one; why are you on my phone?" she added, taking the phone from my hands and locking the screen.

"Why is he calling you 'baby'?"

"It's- it's nothing Y/N," she clearly lied, her cheeks flushing red.

"Is there someone else?" I asked.

"No," she shook her head quickly.

I furrowed my brows and held my hand out towards her, "can I see your photo album?"

"No," she said, almost too quickly,

"Why?" I pushed, "you can see mine; you've been on my phone loads because I have nothing to hide."

She bit her cheek and looked around the bedroom.

"Give me your phone," I asked again.

"No," she repeated firmly.

"You know, you always put your phone face down when we're together and you've never spoken about anyone you've ever been with before me ... so I'm going to ask you again and please, for the love of fucking god, tell me the truth," I sighed, "is there someone else Lizzie?"

She stood there, looking at me and biting her cheek and still said, "no."

"Stop lying," I frowned, my eyes glossy, "is there someone else?"

She hesitated but nodded slowly.

I exhaled shakily and nodded too, "yeah, that's what I thought."

"Let me explain-"

"No," I cut her off, "is he from Ireland?"

She shook her head.

I nodded, "please say you met him after you met me ... don't tell me I'm the other woman."

"You're not the other woman," she told me.

"So, you got with me and then I- I wasn't good enough for you?" I asked.

"He- he's from home," she mumbled, her eyes dropping to her hands which were fiddling in front of her.

"What?" I asked, in disbelief, "he's from- oh my god ... he's- he's the guy on your Instagram, isn't he?"

She bit her cheek, a few tears falling down her face as she nodded, "I'm really really sorry, I kept meaning to mention it, but it was just ... never the right time."

"Is he your boyfriend?" I asked.

She hummed and nodded subtly.

"Fuck Liz," I sighed, "I really wanted you to say no to that."

"Just- just let me fix this Y/N/N."

"I don't know how you're going to do that," I exhaled, "how in God's name are you going to fix this?"

"I- I need to explain this to you because it's not what it looks like," she mumbled, sitting down next to me and grabbing my hand to move it onto her lap.

I pulled it away and shook my head, "don't touch me."

"Let me explain it," she replied, wiping her eyes, "Robbie was my first proper boyfriend. We- we've been- we've been dating since school-"

"What? Five- six years?" I asked sadly.

She nodded slowly, "six years- I know how this sounds but you need to listen to me."