Durandal: Greetings, Akiri Shiranobu. Raiden Mei…

The two stood there on guard.

Durandal: Don't worry. She's fine, just unconscious

Akiri: That’s good… Thanks

Durandal nodded at his show of appreciation and they fell into a tense silence once again.

Akiri: Now, if you don't mind… We’ll be taking our friend with us

Durandal: Sorry, but I have orders to retrieve Kiana Kaslana, and you, Akiri

Akiri: I had a feeling you'd say that…

The boy steps forwards and unsheathes his blades.

Mei also follows him and pulls out her katana, but Akiri then holds out a hand in front of her before she can stand by his side.

Akiri: Sit this one out, Mei…

Mei: What? We'd stand a better chance together

Akiri: Not against her… And not against that weapon...

Durandal stood in front of them, gripping her white lance, the Abyss Flower.

Akiri: Stay out of this, Mei. Please

She saw him looking at her with a serious expression, and although hesitant, she placed back her katana in its sheath and backed away.

Durandal: I won't be holding back this time

Akiri: Me too…

The two took a step towards each other, then another until they broke into a full sprint, charging towards one another until they clashed in the middle.

Durandal thrusts her lance towards his abdomen, looking for a quick victory, but he steps to the side and parries her weapon away before attacking with his other blade, and she takes a step backwards to dodge his counterattack.

In the blink of an eye, she slips around him and attacks his exposed flank, catching him off guard with her considerable speed. There was no way he could twist his body and intercept her strike in time.

But just as her victory seemed certain, a rain of steel forced her to retreat.

Looking at where she once stood, there were blades stabbed all over, has she had been standing there a second ago, she would undoubtedly be pierced by the torrent of swords.

Durandal: So you're finally using your powers, huh?

An array of blades materialised behind him in mid-air, all pointed readily at her.

Akiri: I told you, I won't be holding back

They engaged in a deadly dance, constantly dealing quick and fast strikes towards one another. In this intense exchange, the difference between life and death hung in the blink of an eye.

Akiri hurles his projected blades in between slashes, making it difficult for his opponent to find opportunities to strike back, forcing her on the defensive.

Mei wanted to step in and help him, she resisted every urge to do so, but in the back of her mind, she knew that she would only get in the way of the intense fight, as her eyes could hardly keep up with their movements.

Clashing steel, sparks fly, their battle rages on with Akiri slowly but surely getting more and more exhausted and strained by the minute as he keeps trying to break her defense.

That was only made clear as he was knocked back a considerable distance when blocking a sudden strike from Durandal, who had found a brief opening, a gap in his offensive barrage.