You- My Light ( Borusara Week 2024)

Note: Hi friends! This is my entry for Borusara Week 2024

DAY 2 : EYES

**************************

I was the moon.

The one who hid itself during the strong daylight. Invisible - I walked through mountains and jungles; through the deserted land or crowded streets. But I was invisible - rendered non existent.

After dusk, twilight came. And that was the time I became lost as I was forced to sit in silence with my own thoughts and age old memories - coming from the vortex of my mind. It was a way for silence to screech. I became dull and weary - a warrior tired of his own battles and wars. I was tired for too long now.
I wished for it all to end soon as I felt my existence fade away.

But then came you- my guiding light.

Amidst the darkness around, you shone bright. You came closer to my dying self- and leaned in. My vulnerable heart skipped a beat.

"Boruto..." Your name dripped out of your sweet mouth like honey. You caressed my cheeks with your soft fingertips. You closed your sad eyes and fluttered them open.

And there it shone in your lovely eyes - the sun itself.

My cold heart thwarted and started beating again. I felt alive and young again as you brought me back to my existence; like a guiding light to a nomad who had lost his way.

Where love- I was a nomad and you my guiding light; my north star.

Where I was your moon and you- my sun.

You- Ameratsu and your lover Tsukiyomi- I.

And then I kissed you and burned. An eclipse. How could I even resist? Those soft lips on mine. Your light shining bright. How could I not love?

How could I not love you?

As we retreated you smiled graciously.

And I , the moon, shone bright again because of your light.