Their Daddy Issues

Sarada"

"Boruto

Touch me............

just one last time"

It's just so funny how they ended up like this.

--------------------------------------------------------------

It all started with a small feeling of void in their hearts when they were young; very young. Nothing was common between these two childhood aquaintances.

Uzumaki Boruto was a brash and hyperactive sort of child who believed to dive in head first in any situation. Just like his father. Uchiha Sarada on the other hand, was a calculative and brainy kid, who knew how to assess every situation and then come up with a plan, that were mostly accurate. Just like her father.

Yes, they both excelled in studies and in their respective ninja skills, but they had different strategies (rather poles apart) to accomplish their goals.

So, they had nothing in common..........

Except one thing-

Daddy Issues.

That's the only thing that took them downhill.

Sarada never met her father. But a framed photo of a man in the living room was a proof that she had one. And he loved her, according to her mother. He loved them. She always reminded her that. But sometimes, it was just not enough.

Well, it was natural that somewhere, she understood little Boruto's resentment towards his father, even when she admired the hokage herself. He was her inspiration. And Boruto knew it.

But then, she could not stop empathizing with him. She knew the reason. She did. They were children, they should not understand things like that at this tender age. But she somewhere knew how it felt when you are devoid of affection that was your birthright.

"Baka, just accept that you miss your father and want him to spend more time with you." Those were Sarada's words when they accidently met at the children parent's day festival. And then, she walked away.They both were 11.

It sometimes surprised Boruto how well she actually understood him. And more surprised with the fact that how she understood him more than himself. Soon, he got his answer when he met his Sasuke- sensai and advised him to take his opportunity to bond with her. She would love it. And then it hit him that it was Sarada's first festival with his father. Not that she never attended it- many a times aunt Sakura took time out of her busy schedule to spend time with her daughter. But many a times she was on her own. Hokages and Medics are never free from their duty, are they? But she never spent time with her father, ever. Even he had memories of him spending quality time with his father, until he took a seat as a hokage and became a stupid old man;his stupid old man. But Sarada didn't have any memorial times with her father like he did. And it broke her somewhere. He knew. Or else she wouldn't have chased his old man into the depths of the forest just to meet her father. Unknowingly that day, he too empathized with her.

They were only 11, when they understood each other's pain.

"He is never home, don't spend time with us, and comes home just to sleep." Boruto tried to hold back his tears, in front of her and succeeded, but his voice still waivered.

"Atleast he comes home, doesn't he?" He looked up and saw something he had never seen, Sarada's moist eyes.

Sarada was not like a person to showcase her emotions, a trait she took from her dad. How can she? She was the future hokage and there would be times much much harder than this. But sometimes, its just not enough. Just not enough. She was just 12. Wasn 't it normal for her to want her father's love? To live like a normal family? Yes, she had understood how important his father's mission was. Her mother had rambled thousands of words about it. But why? Why him? why she had to suffer? Why mom had to suffer? Why she was only the one who should always understand? And then she cried. All alone. Not a new thing for her.