Love Thy Enemy

ERA OF WARRING STATES

*****************************

" This Love was doomed from the start. I don't even remember why I fell for you in the first place"

******

Her eyes were red. An Uchiha's eyes ought to be red.

But he didn't like it.

He hated it.

Because the reason his favourite pairs of shiny, delicate onyx eyes were all swollen and red; tarnished with those tears-

Was so simple yet cruel;

A truth so heartbreaking-

She was his enemy.

His most cherished person in the whole universe; his most beloved lady.......

Was his enemy.

****************

Did he know?

He did;

They both did.

As the eldest offspring of the head of the famous "Uzumaki" clan- the most trusted ally of "the Senju" bloodline, the blonde brat had to abide by certain rules and regulations.

And had to remain away from certain people; of a particular clan.

Like those bloodthirsty eyed Uchihas .

But he just couldn't stop himself the day he caught the glimpse of those pretty onyx eyes during a fatal duel. The fatal duel between 16 year- old prodigies of two headstrong clan.

The first duel between him and her.

Between Uzumaki Boruto and Uchiha Sarada-

The two eternal Enemies.

************

But now here they were,

In each others arms again; crying over their doomed love.

Boruto was never ashamed of falling in love with Sarada; his sweet enemy. Nor he was guilty.Love is not a sin. It is not impure. Why should he be?

But now, for the first time, he regretted it.

For now he saw his lady's tear- tarnished eyes. He felt guilty of falling in love with her; making her fall in love with him. If they had remained aloof of their budding innocent feeling;ignored it somehow

It wouldn't have blossomed in love-

A Love that was going to shatter them like this in the end.

But still, the man raised his lover's chin gently and kissed her tears away from her soft cheeks- all in a futile attempt to ease the pain of their shattered hearts. He brought his lips closer to her neck to leave little wet kisses on that porcelain skin. His sturdy hands exploring all those familiar curves and regions for the very last time. Her clinging close to him for her dear life.........

Like it would stop fate to force them part ways tonight.

He continued to leave the trail of kisses down her neck until he felt her breathing finally getting back to normal. He rested his chin on her shoulder; snuggling close to take in and lock her scent in the darkest corners of his mind like a treasure- so that those haters could not snatch it away from him. Tonight, he wanted to register all of her in the back of his brain; her scent, her looks, her taste,feeling of her under his fingertips, her heavenly voice.........

For from tomorrow, she not only won't be his beloved.....

But also somebody's wife.

That's why he stared at her with his ocean-blue eyes (that she had always love and will continue to love till the end of her existence) with a hope for her to say something to him; ANYTHING- like her sarcastic and cold remarks "This Love was doomed from the start" or "I don't even remember why I fell for you in the first place."

Because he just wanted to hear her sweet voice-HE WANTED TO HEAR IT SO BAD .

He wanted this crushing pain to sooth somehow.

But she didn't say those infamous phrases- that were once something playful for them.

"Boruto,I will die without you"

His broken heart shattered into millions of pieces again.

He somehow managed to lean in " Like i can breathe without you" He quickly engulfed her lips between his for a passionate memorial kiss; a parting gift.

And that was it. That was the last straw.

A surge of undeniable pain and unbearable loss made his serene facade to fall off- and he found his closed eyes burning with rolling tears.

"Next .......Life, My Love..... I will find you"

Both lovers cried tears of loss as they continued to cherish their very last kiss.......

Their silent pain and agony hollering and screaming for them.

Maybe this was the ultimate punishment of being in a Doomed Love;

For Loving thy Enemy.