Love Letters

A short drabble inspired by the enlightening quote by Virginia Woolf herself-

"He thought her beautiful, believed her impeccably wise; dreamed of her, wrote poems to her, which, ignoring the subject, she corrected in red ink."

==================================

Uzumaki Boruto, the Head of the famous Uzumaki clan was a deemed  prodigy in the whole of Shinobi world. He was a foresighted strategist- with a gifted mind that was way beyond his years.

And it might seem to be an exaggerated account but his childhood comradie and advisor, Scholar Shikadai of Nara Clan was a living eyewitness of the same.
But it did not stop there-he was also the one who had a first- hand experience of his blonde friend's stupidity.

Yes, it was true that he was a gifted Shinobi and all of that, but a secret side of  that reverend Shinobi was the one of that of a jester -or in present case of a "Lovesick Fool"

Yes, the most beloved bachlor in town was in love. Madly, Deeply in Love.
To whom, you ask?
It was none other than the Head of the infamously powerful Uchiha Clan-
Uchiha Sarada.

You see, when the opposing sides- the Senju+the Uzumaki alliance & the Uchiha Clan decided to call it quits after engaging in years -old cold war with each other (and thus the Uchihas returning to Konoha after aeons) the Uzumaki brat was given the duty of forming diplomatic relations with them. That's when he met her. The famous"Uchiha princess" who was actually known for her fierce personality and shrewd tactics- coupled with alluring looks. And alas! She was a pure genius too.

No wonder it was love at first sight for the Uzumaki heir, who started writing letters adorned with words of love and admiration, only to tuck them away in those official files that were to be sent to the Head of the Uchiha Clan directly-

That was none other than Uchiha Sarada herself.

& as Nara and others decided to back out and see their dear friend's struggle with books of language and literature(in order to impress his "literature lover" lady- love) and engrave them in his letters, they were disappointed when no reply was ever received in return.

But Shikadai was sure that lady Sarada was well aware of those
attempts when he found her angry shooting glares at the blonde in one of their formal meet.

To see his dear friend- the"most- wanted bachlor" struggling with winning a maiden's heart,

And his lady love  being annoyed to core,instead  of being amoured-

made Nara Shikadai laugh

& pity his dear friend, all at the same time. Boruto was once so engrossed in all these that he even denied his help when the advisor offered to atleast proofread those letters for him. Really, he and his gang were just days away before confronting the Uchiha heiress themselves.

But then, the replies finally started to arrive-
Which was nothing more than the Uzumaki prodigy's handwritten letters, corrected of its mistakes in a red ink.

Nara Shikadai was blamed by the gang for the mishaps- for they all knew their leader was careless when it came to spellings & grammar-and writing in general.

"But I never thought anybody would notice these things in a love letter"

"Well, that's Uchiha Sarada for you" Inojin commented.

But the young Uzumaki was elated.He thought her beautiful, believed her impeccably wise; dreamed of her, wrote poems to her, which, ignoring the subject, she corrected in red ink.
But that, my dear friends,was an accomplishment for him.
And so when months passed by like this- they thought the cycle would
never end.

Until one day when the Uchiha Princess confronted the advisor herself in presence of the renowned healer and one of their comrades- Mitsuki.
"Tell your Lord I could arrange an unofficial meeting for us only if he vows to push his careless mind to focus on his poor grammar"
______________________________________