Boruto's Birthday Present

Anything?"

There was a pause. The onyx eyed girl tried to not to activate her Sharigan as she massaged the bridge of her nose.

"For the thousandth time, ANYTHING!"

==================================

The musky scent of the Spring engulfed the whole of the village of Konoha- reminding them of their victory in the "5thShinobi War" that ended roughly a year ago. Now, it was time to rejoice and showing gratitude towards their fate now that everything was almost back to normal. In the same village, the young owner of newly inaugurated Yamanka café -cum-flower shop was calmly sorting out the fresh flowers and setting them perfectly, whilst ignoring his two bickering friends in front of him. He spared a look towards his other comrades that casually stood beside him in a group and smirked knowingly.

That Boruto was getting on Sarada's nerves, again.

"Anything?"

There was a pause. The onyx eyed girl tried to not to activate her Sharigan as she massaged the bridge of her nose.

"For the thousandth time, ANYTHING!"

Pause.

The spring air made the trees outside rustle in a sweet tone. Suddenly, the door opened. The fifteen year- old "Bykagun Princess" entered the shop and saw her big brother playing mind games with his age- old friend. She didn't interrupt them and joined Shikadai, Chochou, Mitsuki, Denki and Iwabee with a quick smile. They returned her silent greeting with a smile. Nobody wanted to disturb these two clueless LOVEBIR--- ummmh friends between their debate.

"So, let me get this straight. First, you forgot my Birthday......"the blonde faked a disappointed, sad look on his face as he kept a hand on his heart, pretending to be hurt. Of course, he never got angry with her, until she kept herself away from danger "......And now, you are sorry and offering me to gift me anything I want?"

"First, I did not forget your Birthday. How could I? And second, it is better to gift you something you actually need. If you don't remember baka, you are 17 now. So, act like one." She was hurt that her childhood friend thought that she would actually forget such an important day.

Just then Kakashi- their lovely uncle and the respected formerHokage came in. The café was currently closed, but he and the others were always welcomed. Kakashi flashed his signature veiled smile towards the kids; that were now actually not that small. It felt like yesterday when he saw their parents' little figures roaming in the whole village. Time sure flies fast. His gaze fell on the children of his two former students- the blonde Birthday boy and the onyx eyed Uchicha girl, who seem to be in the middle of a bickering session. Like Fathers, Like Children.So, he decided not to disturb them and took his usual seat in the café. Inojin left the counter to brew the coffee.

By now, Sarada was pissed and Boruto- well he was delighted. He liked to tease her now and then; it was his favourite pastime. He leaned in closer as he came to her level. He always liked the height difference between them- it was a plus point for him. And in truth, he thought it was cute too. As for Sarada, she felt heat on her face reddening her cheeks-causing her to blush. It often happened when he either said some pretty caring words (or complimented her) to her or was in close proximity with her- like right at that moment. NO, NO SHE WAS JUST ANGRY, that's all. She tried to hide it but it was of no use. Boruto had already noticed it. He won't lie, a vulnerable Uchicha- with long black hair and shiny onyx eyes was a sight to behold.

"Will you gift me anything?"

It was no wonder that she (who was one of the most skilled shinobi at present) took no time to gain her composure back and retaliate with a scary glare and a strong fist in front of her. As expected, Uzamaki backed out- with a visible scared look on his face. He could fight thousands of Kawakis, but not her.

Kakashi came to collect his order from the counter. Or you could say he wanted to enjoy the battering contest too. It was boring to see all of this from that distance.

A little pause.

"Actually, I highly doubt you will be able to grant me what I truly want." Boruto said as he relaxed again, supporting his head on his right hand as he leaned on the counter- his eyes never leaving Sarada's face.

"Uchichas fulfill their promises" Sarada anger had subsided.

"Really?"

"Yes" Sarada replied, her vision straight in front.

Boruto gradually took one strand of those black luscious hair and wrapped it around his finger gently. He rubbed its little ends with his thumb, feeling its silky texture. It was brave enough for him to touch an Uchicha like that, Kakashi thought impressed.

"Is he flirting?" Chochou whispered to Shikadai.

"Is that even a question?" Shikadai knew Boruto. Of course, he was flirting with Sarada. And Sarada was blushing. It was nothing new."What a drag."

"Guess I have no option. You are the only one who can give me this present, ya know" the change in Boruto's tone not only startled Sarada but also the present audience, who were completely ignored by the two battering shinobis (who were ironically, two of the strongest ninjas too) from the start. His playful voice had suddenly turned solemn and husky. The blonde lifted up her chin towards him- putting their face dangerously close to each other.

"YOU.I want you. Sarada"

Dead drop silence.

Too sudden.

Everybody's jaw dropped. (Except our boy, our captain Mitsuki)

"AHHHHHAHHH....!? "

================================================================================

"What shall I give him as a present? Any suggestions?"

Naruto, Shikamaru and Sasuke had been contemplating on it for over a week now. Naruto knew his son was now a war hero- but still, he would always be his son. Shikamaru and Sasuke wanted to help Naruto. His and his son's relationship had greatly improved after the war- it was just that he was not able to fathom that his son was all grown up now.

Relatable.

At that very moment, Kakashi passed by the Hokage's office, with his book in his hand.

"Oi, Kakashi Sensei" He stopped when he saw his current Hokage and former student waving at him with enthusiasm.

"What shall I give Boruto on his birthday?"

"Don't say Icha-Icha Books" Sasuke bluntly interrupted as he pointed towards the book in his Sensei's hand.

"I don't think you need to give him anything. He has already got his favourite present" Kakashi replied in his usual tone.

"What?" the other three men got curious.

"Sarada"

Awkward Silence.

"WAAAHHH...?!"

"UZAMAKI BORUTO!!!" the Uchicha patriarch bellowed, as he activated legendary Rinnegan.