My Darling, My Muse( Ch- I)

Summary: He had been existing for a long long time. And he had swore to forgive and forget everything and everyone he had once  known .

Except her-

His Darling; his Muse.

Inspired by: A fanart by skrrlett on Twitter

Song: Dark Red by Steve Lacy

*********************

The dim street light lit the path around him. The snow from days ago had accumulated on the sidewalk and the foliage around it-- though the street was cleared of the white winter precipitation. The man watched as a kaleidoscopic snowflake fell on the tip of his burning cigar.

It was still snowing gently.

The taxi that had dropped him at his unusual destination drove away in the opposite direction; its engine's sound fading behind him. But he continued to walk on the sparsely populated road with his hand in his pockets of his black trench coat.  It was almost midnight; but it wasn't a problem as he knew the streets he walked on; its every nook and turn was strangely engraved in his memory. As he should - as he had been there at its inception. He knew that two right turns and one turn to the left would make him stand in front of a run down shop that once sold candies and sweet stuff - and a one more right turn would make him end up on the bustling main road of the party capital of the city.

Despite the adverse weather, the streets were as roucous as ever; lit up by fancy neon lights and loud and bold signboards. A group of young party girls in his periphery whispered and squealed as they continued oogling at him without any shame. He ignored them and walked on.The cell phone in his coat poket vibrated. He never picked it up. He just continued to walk towards a destination not found; to where his feet were taking him without his knowledge.

And that was how he ended up at the metro station. 
He descended the stairs- but not before putting off his cigar and tossing off the remaining butt in the near trashcan. The dim white lights  lit up the secluded platform. The noises from before faded as he descended further into the oblivion.

Silence.

He continued to traverse the wide platform without any destination or expectation; he had stopped having expectations from anyone or anything long long ago. It was all futile and useless when you exist in a selfish world like that. And he was fine. He was existing.
Until something made him halt his step.

It was  something he had caught in his peripheral vision. A big board on his left.
He turned his head gradually to take a look.
A wave of nostalgia hit him hard.

His breath hitched.
His left pupil dilated;
The scar on his right eye itched.
He was dumbstruck.

He had been existing for a long long time.Not much for his liking. And he had swore to forgive and forget everything and everyone he had once  known; holding on too much on the past memories was too painful and making new ones was futile.

But there was one exception; ONE AND ONLY-

Her.

Her- the one. The baby who was born beside him. The girl who had fought with him through thick and thin  as long as he remembered. The girl with red glasses and short hair. The one who cried with him; who cried for him. A strong fierce woman with a gentle soul. The shining sun of his darkest times.
The woman he had always respected, liked, adored; and loved.
And he still did so- to his fault.

"My Darling" he whispered.

He moved closer to take a better look even if he didn't have to. Ah! she was as gorgeous as ever- her eyes were closed as she laughed candidly at the camera.Her raven locks were cut short in a pixie cut- almost hidden by the huge classy hat she wore. Her lips were tinted with her deep red; her signature colour, that seemed to match her eyeshadow and the hue on her rosy cheeks. He felt a smile form on his lips.
But loving her was as painful as it was magical. For he had seen that film many times before - and he didn't like the ending; never. Because in every universe; in every timeline, it was all the same- he would meet her, love her passionately and then let her go , without his will.
Why?
Because it was the right thing to do.

The blonde man ruffled his hair- as he picked up his smartphone to click the picture of the billboard.

I shouldn't be doing that, he thought.

But he listened to his heart over the rational voice of his head.

His phone rang.

"Mr. Nohara" Boruto spoke " I have found her"

"Who Sir?"

"My muse"

*******************************************
Note:

HI FAM HOPE YOU LIKED IT!

FOR THOSE WHO WANT A CONTEXT:

Basically, in this story, Boruto is an immortal ootusiki. But his friends and family have died. He has travelled many timelines and time periods. And settled in the modern world( non Shinobi timeline) So basically, he makes a promise to himself that he will forget and forgive every one. But he cannot forget Sarada.