ˏˋ ❝𝐓𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐅𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭❞ ˏˋ

∘𖤓──────∘ 𖤓∘──────𖤓∘

𖤓 ' With every glance from those piercing yellow eyes, doubt crept in. But then, a sense of reassurance enveloped me, emanating from the unwavering gaze of indigo eyes '𖤓

∘𖤓──────∘ 𖤓∘──────𖤓∘

As the soft tendrils of consciousness began to weave their way through the veil of sleep, Lunarae gradually became aware of her surroundings. The dimness of her room enveloped her like a comforting embrace, the absence of windows leaving the chamber shrouded in gentle darkness. She blinked groggily, her mind slowly emerging from the depths of slumber.

With a soft sigh, Lunarae shifted on her bed, feeling the weight of her body pressing against the mattress. The events of the recent past flooded her mind with vivid clarity, like fragments of a disorienting dream. She remembered the chaos that had unfolded when Sendak and his forces had seized control of the castle, the fear that had gripped her as she found herself held captive alongside Shiro and Lance.

Her hand instinctively moved to touch the bandage that encased her shoulder, the memory of Sendak's cruel grip sending a shiver down her spine. The pain was a dull ache, a constant reminder of the danger that had loomed over them all. But despite the physical discomfort, it was the emotional turmoil that lingered most heavily in her thoughts. With a faint wince, she recalled the moment when Sendak's grip had tightened around her, the sharp pain shooting through her as she had cried out in agony. The memory of being held captive alongside Shiro and Lance flooded her mind, the sense of helplessness and fear still lingering despite the passage of time.

Slowly, she pushed herself upright, the sheets rustling softly as she moved. The room, devoid of windows, seemed to cocoon her in its gentle embrace, offering a semblance of comfort amidst the lingering turmoil. As she glanced around, the familiar surroundings of her quarters provided a sense of solace, a refuge from the chaos that had engulfed the castle.

As Lunarae rose from her bed, the soft fabric of her comforter slipping from her shoulders, she felt a renewed sense of purpose coursing through her veins. With slow, deliberate steps, she made her way across the room to the adjacent bathroom, the cool tiles beneath her feet a stark contrast to the warmth of her bed.

The bathroom was spacious and elegant, adorned with intricate Altean designs that spoke of a time long past. At the center of the room stood a large, ornate tub, its polished surface gleaming in the dim light. Lunarae approached it with a sense of anticipation, her fingers trailing lightly over the smooth porcelain.

With practiced ease, Lunarae began to undress, her movements graceful and deliberate. She carefully removed her two-piece royal attire, the fabric cascading around her like a waterfall as she revealed the delicate curves of her form. Her long hair spilled over her shoulders, a cascade of ebony silk that shimmered in the dim light of the room.