ˏˋ ❝ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐎𝐟 𝐕𝐨𝐥𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐧: 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐈 ❞ ˏˋ

∘𖤓──────∘ 𖤓∘──────𖤓∘𖤓 ' I don't know what it is, but something's telling me we need to keep searching

𖤓 ' I don't know what it is, but something's telling me we need to keep searching. There's an energy out there, pulling us toward... something. I can't explain it, but I trust it. We have to follow it, no matter where it leads.' 𖤓

∘𖤓──────∘ 𖤓∘──────𖤓∘

"Galaxy Garrison flight log 5-11-14. Begin descent to Kerberos for rescue mission," a young man's voice echoed through the cockpit. Lance gripped the controls of the simulator, causing the aircraft to jostle and shake.

"Lance, can you keep this thing straight?" Hunk's voice interjected from the seat beside him, his grip tight on the chair as he groaned.

Lance waved off Hunk's concerns with a casual flick of his hand. "Relax, Hunk, I'm just getting a feel for the stick," he replied, a mischievous grin playing on his lips. "It's not like I did this!" Lance pushed the controls forward abruptly, eliciting a deeper sense of nausea and queasiness from Hunk. "Or this!" With a sudden jerk, Lance veered the aircraft to the side.

As the motion settled, Hunk exhaled a sigh of relief. "Okay, unless you want to be cleaning beef stroganoff out of every nook and cranny in this thing, you'd better knock it off, man!"

A signal disrupted their argument as a beacon lit up on the console, demanding their attention. Opposite from Hunk's seat, Pidge's voice broke through the tension, "We've picked up a distress beacon!"

Lance wasted no time, his fingers flying over the console. "All right, look alive, team! Pidge, track coordinates," he commanded.

Pidge nodded, focused on his own console. "Copy," he replied, his fingers dancing across the panel.

Meanwhile, Lance's control of the simulation continued to rumble and shake, much to Hunk's dismay. "Knock it off, Lance! Please!" Hunk pleaded, his grip tightening on the chair.

Lance glanced over his shoulder, a knowing smirk on his face. "This one's on you, buddy. We've got a hydraulic stabilizer out," he informed Hunk.

Hunk braced himself, reaching out to grab his console in an attempt to steady the shaking. But before he could act, another rumble shook the simulator, causing him to groan and swallow hard. "Oh no," he muttered, feeling the nausea continue to rise.

Lance's voice cut through the commotion, determined. "Oh, no. Fix now, puke later," he declared, his focus up ahead.

The beeping of the distress beacon continued to blare as Pidge's voice rang out again, filled with frustration. "I lost contact. The shaking is interfering with our sensors," he reported.